Danhai arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danhai arrested

<P class=StoryText align=justify>Well-known East Kingston businessman and People's National Party (PNP) activist Danhai Williams was last night arrested by the police as they moved to stem a flare-up of violence in the tough Rockfort community on the capital's eastern end.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"He has been arrested for questioning concerning certain activities in Kingston East, and that's all we are prepared to say at this point in time," Karl Angell, the constabulary's director of communications, told the Observer last night.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Williams' arrest brings to four the number of PNP activists arrested since the violence worsened in Rockfort over the past few weeks.<P class=StoryText align=justify>George Flash, Anthony 'Tigo' Brown and a man known only as 'Mendez', all activists of the ruling PNP, were arrested, along with other men, on Sunday. But the arrests sparked a fiery demonstration on Monday by residents of Rockfort claiming that the police were demonstrating bias as there were no arrests of prominent activists from the other side of the community known as lower Rockfort.<P class=StoryText align=justify>On Monday, Deputy Commissioner of Police Mark Shields said Flash, Brown, 'Mendez' and the other men were arrested based on information gathered by police investigators.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In February this year, a magistrate turned down Williams' application for his passport to be returned to him. Williams is facing a $450-million fraud charge in connection with the NHDC/Operation Pride shelter programme.<P class=StoryText align=justify>His name was called in the now famous Crawle trial in which cops accused of murder were freed. Williams had apparently reneged on a deal with the Director of Public Prosecutions to testify against the cops.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He was to have testified for the Crown in exchange for immunity from prosecution for illegal possession of a firearm, but hid during the trial, surfacing only after the Crown had wrapped up its case.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Yesterday, as violence continued in Rockfort, a teenager was murdered, while 15 homes and a bar were torched.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Gunmen also shot up a police service vehicle yesterday in which head of operations for the Kingston East Police Division, Deputy Superintendent Noel Christie, was travelling with other officers.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Bullets destroyed the back glass of the service vehicle, but none of the officers were injured.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It was dread this morning when we came under fire," head of the Mountain View Police Station, Deputy Superintendent Winston Lawrence, told the Observer. "The gunmen sprayed the car with bullets and it is a miracle no one got hurt," he added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Nine persons have now been murdered and eight others have been injured in the month-long violence which has severely affected the lives of residents in the volatile community.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The violence has disrupted normal community life in Rockfort, forcing the closure of schools and businesses.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Danhai arrested

Is it time for another Tivoli invasion?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Now yuh see why di island cannot progress? Lazie

where in the passage did it say gun men in Tivoli burned houses and sprayed a police vehicle with bullets? I think people of your kind would like to see the country engulfed in an orgy of violence. Is this the price the people have to pay if they don'y want your party? This violence is a shame on our island, it makes us look like idiots when we open our mouths and speak of intellectual class. I truly don't blame those shooting (hey because they were denied certain education benefits, hence being marginalised by the system) but for those who lead, it's a damn shame. Did you know that one leader was still talking about bangarang up to last week? No one will benefit from this; Ja will be doomed.

Comment

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Yuh understand sarcasm? Sometimes mi wonder if you have sense and other times yuh simply remove all doubt.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">"Now yuh see why di island cannot progress?"</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Been saying it all along. We have idiots leading the country, how yuh expect us to progress? People a quote the St. Vincent PM, compare what St. Vincent call progress to what unuh call progress.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">"<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">it makes us look 'like idiots' when we open our mouths and speak of intellectual class"</SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Trust me Jawge, that nuh guh fi you! When people claim them intellectual and still cannot see what was wrong with Trafigura unuh just look likeidiots. When people fool themselves about how good this gov't is doing them just just look likeidiots. </SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Finally! Whats wrong with the use of the term bangarang? When Omar and Portia use it yuh say anything? The first time Bruce used the term, it was in regards to what? Compare it to the context in which Omar used it. </SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"></SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language:

Comment

Okay explain the sarcasm with reference to Tivoli

because I missed it completely. The mayor of KGN was in the media talking about banagarng if no local election is called. I only hope th DPC Mark Shields call you guys in to explain what Banagarang means (this way he can prepare his team for major upheaval; depending on his interpretation). At times you act as if the present govt. place them selves there by force. You sem to argue that if the people don't vote in the JLP they are idiots and if one is not associated with the JLP one is an idiot. It's your kind that is being manipulated and then you take the only recourse of violence. If Ja is democratic society then you must learn to respect the wishes of the people. If the people wants the PNP then it should be respected, I don't think they should be looked down upon as some inferior being incapable of making decisions for themselves (hence the use of force). Find out why the people is not with you and remedy the situation. Do not look on them as mindless sheep.

Comment

Is arrested the correct word here? Sounds more like he is being detained. Oh .. well.

Comment

and this explains the sarcasm? I tell

you boy.

Comment

Jawge (11/1/2006)Okay explain the sarcasm with reference to Tivoli

because I missed it completely. The mayor of KGN was in the media talking about banagarng if no local election is called. I only hope th DPC Mark Shields call you guys in to explain what Banagarang means (this way he can prepare his team for major upheaval; depending on his interpretation). At times you act as if the present govt. place them selves there by force. You sem to argue that if the people don't vote in the JLP they are idiots and if one is not associated with the JLP one is an idiot. It's your kind that is being manipulated and then you take the only recourse of violence. If Ja is democratic society then you must learn to respect the wishes of the people. If the people wants the PNP then it should be respected, I don't think they should be looked down upon as some inferior being incapable of making decisions for themselves (hence the use of force). Find out why the people is not with you and remedy the situation. Do not look on them as mindless sheep.
                Jawge according to Dr. Blyte, yuh know him? Over 70% of the PNP delegates are living in poverty, in need of medical care, unemployed etc. Now I bet if you should ask any of those delegates who dem would vote for who dem would say. When are these people going to start thinking of their well being? Anybody ... PNP or JLP that put a political party ahead of their own well being is a damn idiot. Lazie affi keep it real. As Karl always say, a fi unuh fault.

I find it amusing when people that has continued voting for this set of idiots that you and many here worship, call in to radio programs complaining about how the gov't neglect them. The people in South East St. Mary cry how dem nuh see them MP until wha day ... you waan tell me dem a nuh idiot?

You seem to think that mention of bangarang is violent, ask Omar wha him did mean when him use it.

Comment

Jawge (11/1/2006)and this explains the sarcasm? I tell

you boy.
                  Jawge,you acting the fool, is it for entertainment value or yuh not acting? Check the time stamp on the posts then apologize.

Comment

Again; Does this explain your outburst about

Tivoli? 70% of the PNP delegates are living in poverty, so I guess 70% of the JLP delegates are upperr middle class enjoying the best that the 21st century has to offer. Laze save your silly rantings for the illiterate (which is fast diminishing in JA). Talk about treat the people badly? I won't tell you what I got off the street from the common man. Who was overseeing a 53% illiteracy population, who was banning books yes books from entering the island? Small wonder you view the masses as mindless sheep.

Comment

lazie your naivety knows no bounds - in your exchanges with Jawge you have shown how little you grasp of the jamaican reality but then as you say Jamaica is not a part of the real world

just to say one thing - the degelates you referred to would vote for the PNP for precisely the same reason you are asking them to look at - their own well being - check the reality per Verna Parchment politics 101

I see you going on about morals etc I only wish I could get an electronic copy of that letter from one Andre Franklyn to the editor of the Observer (it was published) entitled questions for Bruce Golding - it would maybe awake you from your slumber

Comment

It was concluded that Lazie is being paid to

talk his nonsense on this board. It has to be true, the only way one man can consistently come with so much bull.

Comment

Jawge, Lazie not into the spoon feeding thing. If yuh nuh get it .... ****et it.

As a matter of fact, how the fornication we get to banning books? Is that yuh chorus?

Yuh need to stop talking you fi one can read and look how yuh coming across? Was it the JLP alone that banned books? Yuh keep talking about banning books as if all books were banned. Ask Balla if the PNP banned books tuh?

Comment

I guess I will never get a response on the

Tivoli outburst. Which book the PNP banned;how to keep mmajority of the population illiterate (hence insuring a permanent underclass and poverty)? Let me know.

Comment

If you know that any PNP govt banned any books then just say so nuh man

Comment

Working...
                              X