No announcement yet.

Gamma, are you a Tooth Fairy agnostic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma, are you a Tooth Fairy agnostic?

Quote from Richard Dawkins, an atheist

A friend, an intelligent lapsed Jew who observes the Sabbath for reasons of cultural solidarity, describes himself as a Tooth Fairy Agnostic. He will not call himself an atheist because it is in principle impossible to prove a negative. But "agnostic" on its own might suggest that he though God's existence or non-existence equally likely. In fact, though strictly agnostic about god, he considers God's existence no more probable than the Tooth Fairy's.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

er.....no! i know the tooth fairy exists......

seriously though...i guess i am agnostic in the sense that i believe that god is unknowable.....we cannot explain god, we cannot understand god....so why bother...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

OK , I understand.

Dawkins is a controversial character, an actively anti-religion atheist. He seems to believe that many agnostics are really atheists on a practical level but don't want to accept it.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X