Angry Councillor says claims of PNP unity are false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Councillor says claims of PNP unity are false

One of the Councillors who resigned Thursday, says the People's National Party (PNP is far from <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 600; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">united</SPAN>.

<SPAN class=news_body>Obviously still fuming over the decision to replace Lenworth Blake as the candidate in South East St. Elizabeth, former Councillor for the Junction Division, Veronica Johnson, says claims of peacemaking and re-unification in the PNP are false.

“Nobody has ever tried to start this healing process we have been to <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">meetings</SPAN> and it is sad that this where our PNP has reached. We have been to meetings and nobody,” said Ms. Johnson.

“They have the big talk about unity, they make the big talk about the healing process yet as soon as we are out of those meetings we are told that only a little section, a little cluster of people, still meet,”

“And in truth and in fact, Mr. Blake has an executive body in place that meets once a month and ever since the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">Presidential </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">election</SPAN> there is another group that meets and calls itself executive,” she revealed. </SPAN>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Angry Councillor says claims of PNP unity are false

Critic calls for PNP President's intervention in candidate disputes

In the wake of the growing number of disputes over the candidate selection <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 600; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">exercise</SPAN> one political analyst is suggesting that the time has come for People’s National Party (PNP) President, Portia Simpson Miller to intervene.

<SPAN class=news_body>According to publisher of the Western Mirror, Lloyd B. Smith, Mrs. Simpson Miller needs to take action before the situation worsens.

He says the PNP Secretariat appears to be struggling to deal with the growing tension among supporters who are upset that candidates are being replaced unceremoniously.

“It really suggest that the party needs to get its act together and I would want to suggest, very strongly, that there be a specific time table,” he said.

“Not just in the selection of candidates, but somehow to get the party hierarchy to become more involved with the delegates, especially at the grassroots level because if this situation continues the PNP could be very well headed towards a political demise in real terms,” he added</SPAN>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I wonder how long people gonna keep asking for Portia to do something. Look like unuh expect the woman fi walk pon wata.

Comment

I am sure she would call that her opinion , which she is entitled to

as to Lloyd B Smith - he is of known political colours and unfortunately he gets a chance to publish his opinions which in the case and others are far from the truth

Comment

and how do they know she if she is doing anything about anything or not

the Party has mechanisms to deal with our issues

Comment

Balla (11/3/2006)as to Lloyd B Smith - he is of known political colours and unfortunately he gets a chance to publish his opinions which in the case and others are far from the truth
            Isn't Lloyd B Smith a comrade?

Comment

didn't Lloyd b run as a labourite.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

didn't Lloyd B run as a labourite?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Balla, what is so biased or inaccurate about what Lloyd B. Smith said?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe ... I don't know!

Comment

Lloyd B is certainly NOT a member of the PNP or even a supporter

Comment

Mosiah (11/3/2006)Balla, what is so biased or inaccurate about what Lloyd B. Smith said?
                        he is giving a view that the party leader need to get involved - which is giving one the opinion that she is not at present, the PNP kinda work differently from the JLP in that persons in the PNP are assigned specific task/responsibilities, if these assignments are made by the president then she is involved as these persons ultimately reports to her.

Comment

From where I sit, the PNP is imploding. Not that I really care. I've kinda had it with it's arrogance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"imploding" .. dah word deh kinda big fi me. Is it the same thing as democracy at work?

Comment

I wonder where you are sitting - Its your opinion boss run wid it

Comment

Working...
                              X