Opposition concerned about National Security portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposition concerned about National Security portfolio

As reactions continue to come on the Cabinet reshuffle, the Parliamentary Opposition says it is concerned that the National Security portfolio has again been reassigned.

Former Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service Senator Dwight Nelson was Monday named as the new Minister.

He is the third person assigned to oversee National Security since the Government assumed office 18 months ago.

Opposition Spokesman on National Security, Peter Bunting, says the frequent shuffling of the portfolio is unsettling.

"It's not a straight forward ministry, there is some complexity to it, it takes a while for a minister to get up to speed and this constant changing is of concern...The ideal would be to appoint somebody who can do the job first," said Mr. Bunting.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/16969/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Dem bitch and complain that the cabinet too large, the PM trim it a bit and dem still a complain. As a matter of fact the leader of the pack sey the PM need fi cut it some more.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

do they now have foolproof crime fighting plans? a dat mi wa'an know! finance and national security s 2 things dem should REALLY think long and hard about before them criticise or even comment for that matter!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        "It's not a straight forward ministry, there is some complexity to it, it takes a while for a minister to get up to speed and this constant changing is of concern...The ideal would be to appoint somebody who can do the job first," said Mr. Bunting.
        And the next thing is for the govt. and the opposition to seriously support that minister, or offer sensible alternatives, in the case of the opposition.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Have they voted on the crime bill Bruce Golding presented yet?

I mean a simple yes or no.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't know. Have they?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dwight may surprise!
              I hope he does an excellent job!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Dwight may surprise!
                I hope he does an excellent job!
                All well thinking people!! Wish him the best... for the country's sake.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                X