Another alleged cold-blooded police killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another alleged cold-blooded police killing

There is uncertainty in Darliston, Westmoreland over who is responsible for Sunday's fatal shooting of Orlando Crooks, 27, otherwise called "Channer".

Residents of Lennox Big Woods claim that Mr. Crooks was not a criminal and was shot unprovoked by a police team in the area.

More than 250 angry residents converged on the Darliston Police Station to protest against the shooting.

They lit several fires in the roads, one of which blocked the entrance to the station.

They say the police had been travelling through the community and stopped at Mr. Crooks' house just after 6:30am and demanded that he come out of the building.

According to them, shortly after Mr. Crooks emerged from his home in his underwear, explosions were heard.

One man says he witnessed the incident.

"Mi a pass right out at the gate and when me look, mi see "Channer" and the police them standing at his doorstep. Mi stand up and watch them give him the first shot and dem give him the other one and then one of the police run come out to the road and say I should get away from here. (Channer's) girlfriend a say uh nuh ago kill him and them push her back into the house with the little baby," the alleged eyewitness said.

MP calls for intense probe

Meanwhile Luther Buchanan, Member of Parliament for Eastern Westmoreland told RJR News the matter calls for a full investigation.

"(Channer) is not known to me to be trouble maker, I know him as a taxi operator who's been running his taxi for the last 10 years. I saw him last night trying to make a dollar and I'm surprised about the manner of his death and I expect that a full investigation be launched into the circumstances under which he died," said Mr. Buchanan

The Darliston Police have refuted the residents' claims.

They say they carried out no operation in the community Sunday morning.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Shootout ... the perp fired at the police .. the police returned fire and he was hit. People need to understand they're not above di law.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X