RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortega is de bomb! He has teared into...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortega is de bomb! He has teared into...

...US warmongering in the region, IMF policies, failed capiatlist models, exclusion of Cuba, (and Puerto Rico), the need to invest in theregion to prevent US immigration, the threat of illiteracy and denouncing the Summits proclamation....long speech..but good, relevant and real.
    All should get a copy.

"Change the development model or we'll be digging our graves.."

Comment

I rate Batistuta over him..

Comment

seriously listen nuh! cho!

Comment

Whey the speakers' lineup? When is Golding a go chat?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Manning trying to put people to sleep.

Comment

I liked it too. Honest and firm!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Needs to be Tempered?

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                I liked it too. Honest and firm!

Probably misguided as well. After decades of a confrontational policy (with the short-lived Jimmy Carter presidency being probably the sole seemingly shining light), we now have a US president who seems genuinely concerned about making change. It would be in the best interest of those firebrand left-wing Latin American leaders to adopt a less stringent tone (despite the truthfulness) and seek to work towards non-confrontational, consensus based agreements.

I sincerely hope that the leaders of Nicaragua and other Latin states do not make the mistake of thinking that America has become “soft”. The recent tentative steps towards a new American policy towards Cuban, for example, mark the first time in decades that any progressive move has been made towards that Caribbean country by a US administration. Gains can be swiftly lost if wise heads don’t prevail.

Comment

Perhaps if you heard Ortega's speech you would not have posted this. On the other hand, I don't agree with Exile that Ortega "tore into US policies". He brought up the wrongs, as he or some other leader should, but in a responsible and honest manner. I did not detect any confrontational manner. Indeed, on many occasions, Ortega was inviting and hopeful.

I think our leaders would have come out of this summit as pu ssies if we shied away from real issues like Cuba, just because the USA might not want to deal with it right now.

As I said from Barack's election, he would have failed miserable, as a hypocrite, if he did not deal fairly with Cuba and end the embargo.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True....

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Perhaps if you heard Ortega's speech you would not have posted this. On the other hand, I don't agree with Exile that Ortega "tore into US policies". He brought up the wrongs, as he or some other leader should, but in a responsible and honest manner. I did not detect any confrontational manner. Indeed, on many occasions, Ortega was inviting and hopeful.

I think our leaders would have come out of this summit as pu ssies if we shied away from real issues like Cuba, just because the USA might not want to deal with it right now.
                    You’re right, Mosiah, as I indeed missed Daniel Ortega’s speech. My comment, unfortunately, was influenced by Exile’s words that “Ortega is de bomb! He has teared into…”

Your description above of Ortega’s approach makes me feel better. Certainly the wrongs SHOULD be brought up at this summit, and personally I would be very disappointed with our hemispheric leaders if they failed to do so! That Ortega, according to your summation, brought up some wrongs in a “responsible and honest manner” and “inviting and hopeful” has served to show that Nicaraguan leader’s maturity.

And you’re correct on the issue of Cuba.

In my case, I made a fundamental error here in posting a personal comment on a speech that I didn’t actually see on television, but rather one that’s based on the words of a fellow poster. Thanks for pointing out Ortega’s approach.

Comment

Well in a recent poll 71% of Americans support lifting the embargo. Also it took Obama no time to make a positive move. As I said it is only a very influencial few in South Florida driving the embargo policy and very few right wingers.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The South Florida pro-embargo lobby is aging and losing influence. Thier time has passed.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No problem. You can't be blamed for Exile's cayliss words.

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Correct!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            The South Florida pro-embargo lobby is aging and losing influence. Thier time has passed.
                            I fully agree with you. Those pro-embargo Florida based Cubans are, in effect, dinosaurs who fail to recognize the irrelevance today of their continued push. Of course, they are also selfish as well, as they can only see to the end of their wealthy, fat bellies! The fact is that it's quite possible that political changes will take place within Cuba that will see ordinary Cuban men, women and children actually getting (in their hands) whatever monetary and other stuff that arrives in their island.

The lifting of the embargo will benefit the average Cuban, but their counterparts in Miami cannot see beyond their almost 50-year-old political agenda.

Comment

Working...
                            X