Police put on riot alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police put on riot alert

RJR News has learnt that police officials have been meeting throughout the course of the day to prepare for possible public disturbances following the opening of the budget debate by the Finance Minister Thursday.

Sources say the Police High Command has been alerted to the possibility of spontaneous riots following the presentation.

It is understood that intelligence reports also point to the possibility of orchestrated civil disobedience and protests.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/17370/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The Minister of National Security is talking tough regarding the possibility of public disturbances.

Can't tell the last time I heard any MONS talk tough on the trillion other crime problems we have in this country.

But, let's get those people who are blocking the streets because they can't afford the extra taxes!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo you know that is no the case. While I understand your point if the demonstrations were peaceful I don't think there is a problem but if them start burning and looting then that is where the problem comes in.

I hope every Jamaican who have a problem with the government policy go out peacefully and let their voice heard. I also support them coming up with alternative solutions where possible.

Do you suggest they not issue warnings about unlawful demonstrations?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The point of the post was how we talk tuff against demonstrators but we don't have a word to say about other crime areas.

Got it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Impressive stretching routine...

Comment

Yes we understand what hyperbole is...

Comment

Well you know during these riots, vehicles like Escalades are targetted so that the rioters can raise "tax" money for themselves.

The truth is that when the real econ crisis bites, even these measures will seem "good".

Is like people figget seh real HARD times are on the way. We deh pon "holiday" now.

Comment

Working...
              X