National Broadcast by The Hon. Bruce Golding Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Oh, so you didn't have a problem when the JLP started, joined or encouraged protests back in the day that brought the country to a standstill?!?!
    The JLP started it? Really? Those I saw blocking the Priory road and as you're entering Salem were known comrades. I guess now you gonna tell me they were paid by the JLP?

People have a right to protest ... I have no problem with that. The problem is when many should have been protesting they were chanting logon to progress or blackman time.

When other countries were growing their economy, what were we doing? Now there is a world crisis, everybody start bitch?

"We cannot borrow more money to close the gap in the Budget. That would only be digging ourselves into a deeper hole, forcing us to find more money to service that additional debt. We can't stop borrowing completely and suddenly. We will have to reduce our borrowing gradually over time." (PM)
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Salem and Priory is Jamaica? Ah see!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Salem and Priory is Jamaica? Ah see!
        Well, unlike you, I can only be at one place at a time. Again I ask, should the gov't borrow more pon plenty fi finance the budget?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Should the govt. raise taxes to plug the whole in the budget?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Should the govt. raise taxes to plug the whole in the budget?
            Apparently you're afraid to answer my question.

Answer to yours.

Tough decisions will have to be made. $309 billion of the current budget goes to servicing the debt. Raising taxes is harsh in times like this, but what other option is available, especially seeing how revenues from bauxite and other sectors has drastically decreased. Rev. Dick put forward a proposal that I think should be examined.

We already in a hole. Borrow our way out isn't going to work and taxing our way out isn't going to work either.

Comment

who a go lend you the money inna dem time yah?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X