International Press coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Press coverage

of the hijacking in JA was covered good for a change.

There was not a lot of hype and misinformation by the media and they didn't cover all Jamaicans as criminal as far as I know.

It is refreshing to hear the new and the hijacker was branded as a Jamaican terrorist as they did with the shoe bomber.

Big Respect to the Canadian PM who took it in stride and made the comment that "we are all struggling with rising crime, guns etc."

Overall I must say Jamaica for a change didn't get the bad press for the action of one crazy criminal.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I have not seen anything negative bout Jamaica, and the following is from the CBC bulletin board.

Does anyone else find it odd that Canada can train Jamaican commandos to successfully pull off a trick like that but our highly renowned RCMP have to taser an old man to death because he attacked four of them with a stapler.
    Instead of lowering the standards for police recruits, maybe they should just import more Jamaicans.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is a lucky thing Renato Decordova Valentino Adams was retired.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lucky? If it was Adams, from the youth hear that him wouldn't ramp fi leggo everybody in 2 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Lucky? If it was Adams, from the youth hear that him wouldn't ramp fi leggo everybody in 2 seconds.
          Yuh think suh? Or him (Adams) would kill everybody and claimed it was a shootout?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Couldnt resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHYOONHsc0

Comment

Working...
            X