Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know he present govt. doesn't

give priority to education but they should be asking the hotel
    industry to sponser this research at UWI and CAST: Model how much of our toursit industry (in %) will be lost to Cuba and what steps should be taken not to see a complete loss.

If anyone tell comes to this board and say when Cuba opens up; it won't affect Ja or Ja won't see some revunues going Havana way, then I know
    we are really up shite's creek. Going forward the tourism market will be a fiercely contested battle ground; especially with Central and South america coming aboard.

BTW I meant computer modelling.

Comment

Yeah, all those exorbitant school fees! i tell ya.

Comment

CAST...what's that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ah dat ah mash wi up.

Comment

Thanks willi your contribution is
            noted.

I think I will take it a step further and ask leader Nanny P
            to send her delegation of expertise to help the JLP. It is clear that the Golding admin is in over there heads. The times are changing; the present govt. is burying education (an item of national security).

I would say to Nanny P put the party politics aside; time is oessence (if you wait for the next election, you may just end up inheriting a likeness to Somalia) Send Omar (instead of having him lecturing Audley in parliament;granted it's free, ordinarly he would pay alot for it in college) use some of thexpertise and knowledge base that the PNP has. Do it for the people Nanny P. They only won by three seats (word on the streets here is that you did not lose).

Guys Ja is in serious trouble and only few can see it.

Comment

~sigh~ THIS guy is the INFORMATION age guru?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Please be more detailed, not understanding
                what you are saying at present.

Comment

not at all surprised that you don't understand...it contains information!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Are You Serious?!

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    I think I will take it a step further and ask leader Nanny P to send her delegation of expertise to help the JLP. It is clear that the Golding admin is in over there heads. The times are changing; the present govt. is burying education (an item of national security).

I would say to Nanny P put the party politics aside; time is oessence (if you wait for the next election, you may just end up inheriting a likeness to Somalia) Send Omar (instead of having him lecturing Audley in parliament;granted it's free, ordinarly he would pay alot for it in college) use some of thexpertise and knowledge base that the PNP has. Do it for the people Nanny P. They only won by three seats (word on the streets here is that you did not lose).

Guys Ja is in serious trouble and only few can see it.
                    Jawge: the only time you and I ever had a discussion was that time some five years ago or so when the discussion of all-inclusive hotels came up. You may recall the discussion between you and the former poster Campeon (I think that was his name) on the one hand, and me on the other. Another former poster, Matter, was presenting arguments supportive of mine.

I read your posts here from time to time, but I’ve never had a reason to make a comment one way or the other. However, this post of yours today amazes me. And I’m not using hyperbole here when I say that I am “really amazed” by your comments, and also by your continued fascination with your so-called “Nanny P” (not to mention Omar Davies).

Do you make a post such as the one above with genuine sincerity, or do you make such comments in order to merely start a lively debate on this forum? Are you simply playing the devil’s advocate or do you actually truly believe the ideas that you sometimes advance?

By the way, I fully agree with your comments about the likely negative effects on Jamaica of an increase in tourism to Cuba following any opening up of that communist nation. In fact, I made similar comments here about a week ago. Cuba opening up will affect every Caribbean tourism destination, and I strongly believe that Jamaica, a society with so many serious issues, will be one of those that will be most severely affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      Jawge: the only time you and I ever had a discussion was that time some five years ago or so when the discussion of all-inclusive hotels came up. You may recall the discussion between you and the former poster Campeon (I think that was his name) on the one hand, and me on the other. Another former poster, Matter, was presenting arguments supportive of mine.

I read your posts here from time to time, but I’ve never had a reason to make a comment one way or the other. However, this post of yours today amazes me. And I’m not using hyperbole here when I say that I am “really amazed” by your comments, and also by your continued fascination with your so-called “Nanny P” (not to mention Omar Davies).

Do you make a post such as the one above with genuine sincerity, or do you make such comments in order to merely start a lively debate on this forum? Are you simply playing the devil’s advocate or do you actually truly believe the ideas that you sometimes advance?

By the way, I fully agree with your comments about the likely negative effects on Jamaica of an increase in tourism to Cuba following any opening up of that communist nation. In fact, I made similar comments here about a week ago. Cuba opening up will affect every Caribbean tourism destination, and I strongly believe that Jamaica, a society with so many serious issues, will be one of those that will be most severely affected.
                      Historian, history will show that after a while your reaction to Jawge's post will move from amazement to amusement. Is a process.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Historian, history will show that after a while your reaction to Jawge's post will move from amazement to amusement. Is a process.
                        Good one, Lazie!

Comment

Okay so basically anything you don't
                          agree with should be looked upon with disdain, amazement and confusion ? what arrogance. Should I check with you before I post to ensure that you agree with it (this way my post escapes ridicule)?

let me know, thanks.

Comment

comic relief does have its place.....

Comment

mout radio seh dat portia won the election?

Comment

Working...
                              X