No announcement yet.

Remembering the Good Old Days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who used to listen to Dulcemena on RJR? Remember PressaFoot? Quench Aid Guess The Riddle? The 70's when food items were "married"? Paper 50c?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
      I did not know they had reruns “Teenage Dance Party” (TADP) ehhe ehhhe LOL, you could have fool me LOL, how about Porta faces Life on radiofussion?
      Now everbody listened to Portia Faces Life!! But yuh figet Dulcimina. ...and remember Ms. Lou and Mas Ranny used to have a show on radio on Satiday night.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

he worked at the us embassy and one night some persons came for him, but they initially went to the wrong house, an alarm was made the police came. next day it was all in the newspapers.

his family was sent back to the states and he left a few days after, for good.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I thought he was a Peace Core worker. It is generally believed that the Peace Core was riddled with CIA agents in those days.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ok, BTW was it this same neighbourhood that
            you would swim in the river and catch perch?

Also don't let Lazie see this because he said the "agency talk" was
            a myth. Yuh done know say Lazie ah figures man, so if him say so
            it go so.

Comment

nope.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Heh heh you nuh easy.

Lazie soon Google dat story and if him nuh find nuh evidence of it, dawg nyam Gamma suppa!
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yuh memba? you may be right, is was a young youngster then but my recollection was either the embassy or consulate....

Comment

it is all well documented suh a nuh nutten.

Comment

LOL

Comment

No, I don't know of that specific incident. What I meant to say was that when you mentioned that your neighbour was a CIA agent, the first thing that I thought was that he was probably a Peace Core worker.

Comment

so yuh did live two places?

Comment

Now yuh an Lazie ah go haff
                            some serious prablem. Watch Lazie come wid stats fi prove say it's all a myth.

Comment

apparently.

Comment

Thanks for the Memories!

Now these are real memories!! I completely forgot about these gems below! Thanks for the reminder, guys!

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                                So nobody remembers Ralston McKenzie on a
                                Sunday evening! Man, oh man, I loved his voice! There was also this guy, Carlington Sinclair, think he came on after midnight!
                                Originally posted by Jangle
                                Who used to listen to Dulcemena on RJR? Remember PressaFoot? Quench Aid Guess The Riddle? The 70's when food items were "married"? Paper 50c?

Originally posted by Gamma
                                all of that and ...henry stennet on the evening people show reading excerpts from "the prophet" by khalil gibran....henry stennet had the most soulful voice...listening to "voyage to atlantis" by the isley brothers on the same show for what seemed like months on end at approximately 6:47 p.m.

grand market

Originally posted by TDowl
                                how about Porta faces Life on radiofussion?

Comment

Working...
                                X