Mayors, Rabbis arrestedin corruption probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayors, Rabbis arrestedin corruption probe

(CNN) -- About 30 people, including some New Jersey mayors and several rabbis, were arrested Thursday in a federal investigation of public corruption, the U.S. attorney's office in Newark, New Jersey, said.
    The probe also involves a "high-volume, international money-laundering conspiracy," according to a statement from the office.

Among those arrested in the public corruption portion of the investigation are Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano III, Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, New Jersey Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt and Leona Beldini, a Jersey City deputy mayor.

Several rabbis in New York and New Jersey also were arrested in connection with the money-laundering portion of the investigation.
    A news conference is planned for around noon ET, with federal court appearances to start about 2 p.m., officials said. (I wonder how much terrorism this money help to supported in the Middle East )

Cammarano, a former city councilman at large in Hoboken, was elected mayor in June and inaugurated July 1.

According to his campaign Web site, he pledged to "lower taxes, reform government and deliver real change for Hoboken."
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

(I wonder how much terrorism this money help to supported in the Middle East )

yuh have arab rabbi

Comment

it name mekkin' money...israeli arms dealers not shy about who dem sell tuh!!!

a jewish man told me this joke....

A teacher in a public school asked a class of 10 y.o. who was the greatest man to walk the face of the earth...the correct answer will receive a prize

young sean raised his hand and said st patrick...a very good man said the teacher but, no not st patrick

young luigi raised his hand and said st francis....also a very good man said the teacher...but no.

young herschel raised his hand and said jesus christ....VERY good said the teacher but i did not expect that answer from you because you are jewish.

well, said herschel, deep in my heart i know that it is moses but business is business!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

When i heard this news, i immediately thought ...'oh no--I hope mayor Cory A. Booker in not inviolved'. And it appears he' not. Booker seems (and is ) a great person! His standards are high. I am sure he had a hand in rooting out these individuals.

Cory Booker took over from the corrupt former mayor and political dinosaur of Newark, Sharpe James.

Cory Booker

Last edited by HL; July 23, 2009, 01:17 PM.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

America's great criminal justice system at work. We need to expand the exchange program with the JCF.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X