If this is the case the minister have all right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL !

Wheh yuh seh.. di labourite dem need to go to finishing school.. !

LOL !!

Comment

where did I imply that? you act like that is not the reality in Jamaica in too many cases.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Then why did you explain it? I asked you a simple question.

When you get that sort of sour treatment from those people,
        the local people can't talk to them, them a god to themselves(not saying that is the case with the matron as I don't know) but I remember cases where local people had no say in the service they got
        , to whom should one complain? Or should we just take it because, in your words,
        that is the reality in Jamaica
        ?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the reality you and I can find somebody, somehow, somewhere in authority, not the same for these people who feel they have no voice.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

note to self: next RBSC picnic, include a game of hopscotch.

Lazie, mi know mi good, but Sass should come second. Behind you, of course!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Montague should apologise

Montague should apologise

Published: Monday | August 3, 2009

The Editor, Sir:
              The Action Committee of Church Women United of Jamaica, affiliated with the Jamaica Council of Churches, calls on Minister of Local Government, Bobby Mon-tague, to recognise that he has contravened the protocol laid down for corrective counselling of employees and is required to apologise.
              We recognise the anxiety of the minister to agitate for improvement of care in all public-sector agencies and further recognise that employees in these institutions work under challenging circumstances. In light of this, we urge the minister to reflect on the way in which he deported himself in the public domain as he responds to the myriad challenges that will continue to affect care delivery in the social sector.

Not too late
              It is not too late for Minister Montague, however 'irate', to utilise and capitalise on his effective leadership skills and seek to follow the example of Jesus in the Bible as the public sought to stone to death the woman caught in adultery. Jesus extended compassion and redemptive powers to restore the woman. He further demonstrated this by writing his non-verbal script on the ground with his fingers while admonishing, "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

The Church Women United has every confidence that the minister will rise above the self-aggrandisement 'Backra Massa syndrome' and exude a reflective spirit which demonstrates that he is a real minister of local government.
              There is no need for that kind of disrespect, minister. You have appropriate power to institute sanctions.
              I am, etc.,
              EDITH
              ALLWOOD-ANDERSON
              Chairperson
              Action Committee,
              Church Women United of Jamaica
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X