Islandman, I know I can put

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman, I know I can put

questions to you and get an objective answer most of the times.

here goes: Do you think that Ja needs a civil rights bill in order to be productive and have a true middle class. Productive meaning JA has human capital producing something of significance (outside sugar cane and banana).

Also what about a tertiary isntitution soley for History and political science. long while mi waaan hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks boss.

Other ites can jump in too.

I don't know if I would call it a civil rights bill, more along the lines of the social contract that Don1 has outlined. Whatever it is we need someone who can sell it as something for the country to rally behind.

I've been watching some documentaries recently about the US space program. In the early 60s when Kennedy challenged them to put a man on the moon before the end of the decade, they hadn't even got a man in orbit around the earth yet and the Soviets were way ahead. Yet by 1969 they were landing men on the moon. This was an accomplishment of no small order, took resources, commitment, support of the public, a bold and respected leader to state the vision, etc,etc.

Same kind of thing we need boss, a strong leader with vision AND a nation that buys into it and willing to make the sacrifice.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
    X