X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does this song?

Games People play?

song from the 70s I think... I am thinking Leroy Sibbles but not sure

KOOL FM playing some wicked old hits right now, the entire office rocking...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The Spinners!

YouTube - The Spinners - Games People Play,Then Came You,Mighty Love

Comment

first you've given up your sanity,
      for your pride and your vanity
      turn your back on humanity and you don't give a damn a damn a damn...

that one? if yes then bob andy is the singer

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not that one and the one you thinking of was done by Spinners

the one I am thinking of is a reggae CHune
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Wicked my yout'
          Che Guevara.

Comment

inner circle had a song named Games people play

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27...ple-play_music
              which was a cover of Joe South games people play

Comment

Bob Andy!

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                Games People play?

song from the 70s I think... I am thinking Leroy Sibbles but not sure

KOOL FM playing some wicked old hits right now, the entire office rocking...
                “The Games People Play” was originally recorded by American singer and songwriter Joe South sometime around the late 1960s or very early 1970s. About a million people, including Jamaica’s Bob Andy, did versions of this song. I’m sure you’re referring to Bob Andy’s early reggae classic (and you must be much younger than I thought, as this song was literally overplayed in Jamaica back in the day!!).

In Bob Andy’s case, his reggae version became a huge hit, particularly in Britain. It was almost as big a hit as “Young, Gifted and Black,” his version of the Nina Simone classic which he recorded as a duet with Marcia Griffith.

By the way, do not blame Bruce for suggesting the Spinners, as their recording of “Games People Play,” a completely different song, was a huge hit. The problem, I think, is with the absence of the word “The”.

Comment

Thanks..but my favorite Reggae make over of all times is the Tamlins remake of Baltimore.

It is the best because as far as I know, this is the only Reggae make over that is actually better than the original.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

i also liked the tamlins "go away dream"....btw did you know that baltimore was written and originally recorded by randy newman of "short people" fame?

nina simone's version is actually very very nice too!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I love the Baltimore make-over too, but there are a lot of reggae songs that are better than the original!

My other all time favourite make-over is Queen Majesty. That was a make-over too, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

two well done reggae makeovers... shinehead's version of rose royce's 'golden touch'... richie stephen's version of eugene record's 'trying to get to you'...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

yes...minstrel and queen by curtis mayfield and the impressions...the remake is good but not beter than the original in my opinion...

Comment

Working...
                          X