Musicologists out there - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicologists out there - HELP!

Trying to find the name and artiste who did this jazzy tune. The words go a little something like this:

I don't know what to say,
    I don't know what to do,
    I don't know pray at nights anymore,
    Cause I'm not sure anyone is listening.

Those lines are not in the order they are sung, I'm just able to recall those.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

sounds familiar...i will wrack my brain to see what i can come up with...soemthing is coming to me....is it more slow r&b than jazz jazzy? that is what i'm getting......from the annals of my memory...ANNALS i said...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah, it's not Historian-kinda jazz. I know he would cringe to know I classified it as such. Sorry, boss!

It's a wikkid chune, slow r&b, instant classic in my book!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Damn, I feel something tingling as well as those lyrics are familiar...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Well, y'all, stop wracking and stop tingling and tell me who it is!

Where is balla when you need him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

does a verse or part of a verse contain the lines " i walk around (at nights) wondering ...........

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

don't remember those words, but they could certainly fit into the general theme of it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You called? Sounds like Mosiah's brain confused...sorry...

Comment

can you help with this little project, or yuh just going to act like...a trini?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ha..ha...hum de tune and post it as a wave file or smthing...

Comment

when yuh gwine have some sense?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I dont know what to say....I don't know what to do...
                        Ok..try a lyric search...on a specific search engine nuh..it WOULD help if you could give an era for the song...circa 80's, 90's, male, female, etc...to NARROW the search..in the absence of a TUNE....anyhow...

Comment

You know, that's the funny thing about the song. It sounds like an older song, maybe 80s, but I have been hearing it a few times recently, so I'm not sure. And it's a female. Sorry, I thought I had said all that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no you di'int! call the radio station next time yuh hear it...or call them and sing it for them....

the song i was thinking of is definitely male vocals, maybe a group and is early to mi 80's...

Comment

awww...i thought you had it! i will most definitely call them next time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X