RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Donald Trump Fix "Miss Universe" Pageants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Donald Trump Fix "Miss Universe" Pageants?

From popeater.com:

Donald Trump Accused of Fixing Miss Universe Pageant

So how much of the glitz and glamour of the Miss Universe pageant is real? Not much, says Michael Schwandt, a choreographer of the last four pageants. In a recent interview, he scrutinized the competition and revealed Donald Trump is allegedly fixing the competitions. According to Schwandt, Trump decides who will make it to the final six -- after a private meeting with all the women.

"At all the shows, he pops in the day before the telecast ,and we line up all the girls in alphabetical order... he basically walks by and has an assistant that takes notes. And it's just kind of common knowledge that he picks six of the top 15 single-handedly," Schwandt told Guanabee.com (via Defamer.)

"It's kind of a surreal experience, actually. We all just kind of try to sit there... and everyone's trying to make it go smoothly. It's kind of the last thing anybody wants to do but we have to do it," he added.

"The other nine are judged in a preliminary show the week before and picked by those judges, but he picks six of the top fifteen," Schwandt said.

In the official Miss Universe rules, they fail to note the private judging round and its impact on the race. Apparently, Trump didn't like how others judged the women in previous competitions, so he took matters into his own hands.

"His reason for doing so, as he told me and he's told the girls before, is that he left it all up to preliminary judging in the past and some of the most beautiful women, in his opinion, were not in the top fifteen and he was kind of upset about that. And he decided that he would pick a certain number and let the judges pick a certain number," Schwandt said. .

Only six? May be many more than that.

Comment

I thought Hugo Chavez bribed someone with oil to fix the result.

Comment

Very Funny, Bruce (lol)!

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        I thought Hugo Chavez bribed someone with oil to fix the result.
        Bruce, I love your sense of humor !!

But you also in your humorous way alluded to an interesting situation, because one is somehow forced to question the fact that both the 2008 and 2009 Miss Universe winners are from Venezuela! This has never before happened in the history of the pageant where the winner in consecutive years has been from the same country!!

Personally, I feel that Miss Dominican Republic should have won. Not only is she genuinely beautiful, but her answers were among the most intelligent of the contestants interviewed.

On a side note, Miss Turks and Caicos Islands was forced to withdraw from the competition after allegedly discovering that she was pregnant. And speaking of pregnancy, she is a close friend of disgraced former TCI premier Michael Misick….things that make you go hmmm.

Comment

"oil a miss universe"?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Problem is... you have to see the women in the flesh - so to speak....the TV screen hardly does justice...

Comment

No doubt in my mind that the MONSTER - Donald has it fixed!!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

PeTA's Entry For 2010

The radical animal rights group People For the Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PeTA), who killed 2,000 more animals in 2007 than Michael Vick,
                will enter a contestant in the 2010 Miss Universe pageant.

Comment

Working...
                X