If Andrew Zimmern Visits Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Andrew Zimmern Visits Jamaica

We’re most likely familiar with the popular Travel Channel program, “Andrew Zimmern: Bizarre Foods.” That guy, a chef I believe, is truly remarkable in that he apparently eats just about everything that is popular in the various cultures of our world!

Last night I was thinking to myself, “Suppose Andrew Zimmern and his team were to visit Jamaica, would they find anything that would be relevant for their program?”

Well, guess what, they certainly would!!

Cow foot
    Cow tail
    Cow head
    Cow cod soup
    Pig’s feet
    Pig tail
    Goat tripe
    Goat liver
    Goat head soup
    Fish head

Anyone care to add to this list any Jamaican cultural food items that would be considered bizarre to someone outside the Caribbean region ?

roasted goat testicles
    mackerel run dung
    cow/goat/chicken lungs

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Stew Cow Skin
      Whelks
      Sea Beef
      Kakkle
      Galla Pot
      Bossou
      Heart of Palm
      Barracuda
      Sour Sop Fish
      Stinking Toe

Comment

Cow tail - how yankee!

Di ting name ox tail bredren, whether it come from ox or not!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Cow tail - how yankee!

Di ting name ox tail bredren, whether it come from ox or not!
          No so Mo. Cow tail is for real and them call it cow tail in the Meat shop. Ongle certain meat shops carry it.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Ok, my apologies to those who indulge. I have never tasted the tail from the ox or from the cow!

By the way, what's the difference, if any? And are you saying when you order it in the meat shop it's called cow tail, but when prepared it becomes ox tail?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Any time yuh come back to NY - I'll take you to a meat shop that sell cow tail and ox tail - then you decide fi yuself
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Naw, MdmeX. Yuh talking NY! Is not NY mi a deal wid now, sis. Dem liable fi call it hennyting!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X