X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday evening Joke

ACKEE THIEVES FIGHT IN TREE - Hospitalised after falling
    DWAYNE McLEOD, Staff Reporter
    Two alleged, St Mary thieves, are now in hospital after reportedly falling from an ackee tree in which they clashed after meeting up on each other.
    THE STAR learnt that on Saturday, the two men had a fight while in the fruit tree and eventually fell a number of feet crashing to the ground and ending up in hospital with injuries.
    Neither of the men lived at the yard in which the tree is located.
    According to Corporal Desmond Samuels of the St Mary police, the men are well known for preying on fruit trees in sections of the parish.

swinging from limb
    Reports are that about 4 p.m., one of the men made his way on to a premises at Castleton in the parish and began climbing the ackee tree.
    The owner of the home was reportedly at work at the time. The thief was surprised by another man who was already in the tree.
    The police said residents heard the men arguing over who should stay and who should leave.
    With both men adamant on filling their scandal bags, a fight then ensued as the men displayed their agility by swinging from limb to limb and throwing blows at each other.
    "A number of persons from the community came out to see the two men in action. The men actually fought each other and were still in the tree," the corporal told THE STAR.
    What seemed a bit of humour at first, got scary after the two men fell from the tree.
    After falling both men could only cry out for help and could not move. The same residents who were laughing at first, had to scramble for transportation to take the men to hospital where they remained up to yesterday. Meanwhile, the police said they will be speaking to the men once they are released as they have received a number of complaints about them venturing into people's yards and stealing from their trees.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

something similar happened at our house when we was living at dillsbury ave in the late 70's, except in this case we found one of them bloodied under the ackee tree after being severly beaten by the other thief!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

bwoy them tief nuh easy a tall. Them say thief from thief make God laugh?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

dem seh tief nuh love fi si tief wid long bag

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X