HL have been saying it for years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL have been saying it for years

get rid of the Jamaican dollar and use the US dollar. Well a professor Hanky (hope I got the spelling right) is saying the same thing. According to him, in order to stablize the Jamaica $ interest rates would have to remain high and that would prevent people from wanting to borrow.

HL, the floor is yours. Care to explain some more?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

wha happen when US dollar get scare? We a go print that too?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i am in favour of dollarising, or at least looking at it...the logistics of printing etc. would naturally form a part of the process. the $J buys less and less almost daily, and where we rely on forign exchange i.e. USD for trading, well one can see the natural fall out

panama for example has dollarised and i think it has led to stability and a reasonable cost of living to boot.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        wha happen when US dollar get scare? We a go print that too?
        Don't shoot the messenger. Maybe HL can better explain.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well when you have to deal it on the black market it is more likely to get scarce.....USD scarce in US? It not scarce here (BVI) where it is the legal tender. not scarce in a Panama either...cannot recall when last it was scarce there...maybe during noriega and just after...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the problem in my view Gamma is we nah export nothing and at this stage where our taxes collection is nowhere near GDP there will be some challenges. I have nothing against it but either way it is going to be some pain because the tool that these governments have been using is printing more money. How you think the dollar reach 90 to 1 and we now using them big and boasy dallor bills?

Take that away from them and what will they do? I see it working short term to stablise things but long term no not now, the horse bolted two decades ago.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The US dollar better than using ours. Problem is, what is the future of the US dollar in the coming years.

Comment

as bad as the USD will be at this rate the J$ will probably be worse....

Comment

Why not just apply for statehood?? Become the US outpost....whoeee.....
                  Why not the Japanese Yen or Chinese yuan? Maybe we should legalize weed and trade with the leaves or by weight...get some real productivity in agriculture...everybody high, feel no pain?? It rough.

Comment

what are you suggesting? The rasta them smoke up the dollar

we would have fi lock them up

Comment

Lol....it look so....let me go and lock up mi shop...its Friday...Y'all have a good weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        as bad as the USD will be at this rate the J$ will probably be worse....

Yuh mean the J$ will be OBSOLETE!
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

have a good weekend brethren

Comment

You have nuff in JA who are too proud to leave our currency behind.

Comment

well we should legalise weed. the USD is most convenient because of where we are.....

Comment

Working...
                              X