Blame the media- why not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blame the media- why not

<TABLE class="moving articleDiv null" id=Art style="DISPLAY: block; Z-INDEX: 800; LEFT: 126px; VISIBILITY: visible; WIDTH: 600px; TOP: 636px; HEIGHT: 450px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 maxwidth="90%" maxheight="90%" related="articleContent" minwidth="600" minheight="200"><TBODY><TR height="100%"><TD id=ARTICLEWIN_CONTENT vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-TOP: black 2px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 2px solid" height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><DIV id=articleContent style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 100%"><DIV class=scrolling id=insideDiv style="PADDING-RIGHT: 21px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><DIV class=HTMLTitle><SPAN id=Ar0090000 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Crime upsurge is media sensationalism </SPAN></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLByline><SPAN id=Ar0090004 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Jaye Green <A class=AP_LNK_HTML_EML id=AP_LNK_ANCHOR &#111;nclick="curArt.gotoLink('LNK_9_0')">jayegree n</A><A class=AP_LNK_HTML_EML id=AP_LNK_ANCHOR &#111;nclick="curArt.gotoLink('LNK_9_0')">@</A><A class=AP_LNK_HTML_EML id=AP_LNK_ANCHOR &#111;nclick="curArt.gotoLink('LNK_9_0')">gmail </A><A class=AP_LNK_HTML_EML id=AP_LNK_ANCHOR &#111;nclick="curArt.gotoLink('LNK_9_0')">.</A><A class=AP_LNK_HTML_EML id=AP_LNK_ANCHOR &#111;nclick="curArt.gotoLink('LNK_9_0')">com</A> </SPAN><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLContent style="OVERFLOW: auto"><SPAN id=Ar0090001 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Dear Editor, </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">For more years than I will admit to, I was living in deep rural Jamaica, terrified by the stories of City Kingston, which sounded worse than the seventh level of hell. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">I had to journey to Kingston, and boarded the train, (yup, that long ago) huddled in abject terror. I had written my will before I travelled, so afraid was I of Kingston. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">However, I completed my business without difficulty, and the most violent thing that happened was that I heard a bad word. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Subsequently, I got a job in the worst area of Kingston, and despite my fears, went to work each day, arrived home each evening, and no one killed me. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">One night, attending a concert, I found myself on King Street. I was afraid but survived to board the bus. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">The bus began to move, rain began to pour, and at the next stop a large posse of </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0090002 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">men piled on. Well, this was it, I began to say my prayers. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Someone shut the skylight of the bus, and it came down with a crash, two old ladies behind me screamed, and dropped to the floor, assuming it was a gunshot. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Then everyone started to laugh. The tension had been broken. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Blame the media- why not

Typical attitude ... because it nuh happen to me, nothing nuh guh suh. When I read it this morning I simply laughed.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: Blame the media- why not

Silly article. Waste of time and brain cells.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
      X