Hail massive, I an I ah mek ah trod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail massive, I an I ah mek ah trod

pon di site. First let me offer a word of prayer for the people in Haiti and I do hope it's not as bad as it's been forecasted.

Now to Ja: Mi come on yah and mi talk to unnuh but is like seed fell among thorn and thistles. My mother always tell mi say mi nuh haff mi head juss fi wear hat. Why can't we use our minds in Ja? Why is it that we like when someone give us aid and always have to help us? Ja is isn an economic bind. I put forward the proposal of floating bonds and having the civil servants (police, nurse, teachers, firemen especially) given the chance to purcahse these papers first. This way the JCF can be taken off the path of corruption and we truly circulate money on the island.

Guess what? Look who is floating bonds to get out of debt:
    Man U bond issue
    Banks sound out potential investors over £600m Man U bond issue
    03 Jan 2010

JP Morgan, which orchestrated the Glazer family’s £790m (€888.6m) takeover of Manchester United in 2005, and Deutsche Bank have been sounding out prospective investors on a £600m bond issue designed to ease the Premier League club’s debt burden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsFWvJWDxw#t=00m20s

Mi ah reach di pint, whey mi ah go stap sarry fi di peeple ah yaad: It seems as if Ja doesn't want progress, the people seem to love the abuse heaped on them. Forget parties; the time has come for the people to set the parameters and give to the politicians to work with. Germany and other progressive countries have many elections yet theiy continue to progress economically. Why can't we Jakans do the same? Money is coming to the island but not in the hands of the locals. Where are the intellectuals to see that the above happens?
    Last edited by Jawge; January 13, 2010, 04:29 PM.

Now to Ja: Mi come on yah and mi talk to unnuh but is like seed fell among thorn and thistles. My mother always tell mi say mi nuh haff mi head juss fi wear hat. Why can't we use our minds in Ja? Why is it that we like when someone give us aid and always have to help us?

Ja is isn an economic bind. I put forward the proposal of floating bonds and having the civil servants (police, nurse, teachers, firemen especially) given the chance to purcahse these papers first. This way the JCF can be taken off the path of corruption and we truly circulate money on the island.
    A couple questions:

1. What do you propose that these (New) bonds would be invested in that would produce an income stream attractive to these groups you speak of?

It is not sufficient to speak only of the debt side...where's the steady income to come from...more GOJ paper?

2. Are you aware that civil servants already participate in the bond market through their savings.. insurance & pension funds for example?

3. Are you aware that the GOJ exists on bonds... to the point of being massively overleveraged and now having try to cut yields?

How would your new bond issues fare in such a climate?

It is good to think things through and not merely parrot what one sees in other places.... it may not be appropriate for our circumstances.

Jamaica needs new investments, new ideas.... new vision..... not regurgitated policies
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I don't think him aware at all.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The knee jerk reaction would be: can’t you read! Where is your damn dictionary! Level headedness prevailed and this allowed me to see through your schemes. It’s the common talk amongst those of the colonial mindset to say “ we have it already”. Let me ask you this: Can you go up to any Police officer, nurse or Teacher and say show me your bond shares in USD? I’m talking about USD and you are here to tell me about some Ponzi scheme to rip off the poor in JA. Send me your money and I can use my computer to print out all kinds of places to tell you where it’s invested.

You must have left the site when I posted that instead of the using tax payers dollars to build AIs, bonds must be floated, with preference given to key citizens (civil servants) for purchase. I’m sure you know what’s a municipal bond. Were any bonds floated to build the highways? The cash cow called Cornwall Regional can be brought back to life by doing this. Either bonds or shares but it should be given to these key public workers first. Why is it that you are against a plan to empower the populace economically? I know why, your colonial , mindset cannot stand to see the average Jakan making something of themselves. I’ve stood on this board and watched your hypocrisy of calling posters “tribalist”; when in truth you are a “tribalist”. Anything that doesn’t fit into that JC and other pseudo intellectual tribe of yours, cannot work. I’m not here to reinvent the wheel. The most I’m saying is that that the populace of JA give the politicians a parameter and have them work within it (hence Ja and jakans benefit). Why should the people work hard to build a brand and can gain nothing from it? Why should the peoples’ tax paying dollars build so many projects yet they are told they can’t participate from an economic standpoint (only can do menial work there)? I’m not here to talk fancy words and try to fool the people, I’m here with practical solutions.

When the Vanderbilt put out the white star line, Garvey said come my people, then put the black star line to sea. In Garvey’s time you had the “know it alls” (Dubois and crew opposing; calling Garvey an idiot). I’m not surprised that a clown like yourself would post that foolishness. You speak of something new and different. What is it that’s new and different that you have to offer? Are you going to say , “hey let’s tax the rich” (knowing full well that the rich cannot pay all taxes for the island). The people are tired of you guys and the games. The people of JA are a great set of people and they have the solutions to the island’s problems not you and your elite friends with lies and deceit. Great how? Well they created their distinct form of music (reggae) and their own religion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne2Ju...eature=related. I bet you would cringe at the thought of the higglers pooling together and owning a four hundred room capacity hotel. I’m willing to bet money that the higglers are better economics and finance experts than you or your associates.

I will say it again: JA needs no help with tourism. The people built the brand so they should enjoy the rewards of the brand. The world wants to come and see this mystical and spiritual set of people called Jamaicans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtGsZe1sq5g&feature=related. We are not going to hurt anyone we are a loving and kind set of people. When the pot is shared in a proper way believe me when I say those with criminal minds and that are without any intention of working will be flushed out and brought to justice. There are those that tell the tourists that they should stay in because we are violent and aggressive (code for barbaric) this is far from the truth. It’s time the tourists know that we are more spiritual than materialistic (save a few) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tsZBob--78&feature=related. It’s time we jakans see the light and leave the party politics aside. It’s time to sort out our own affairs as a nation.

You Mr. Don ; I now await you with your new and profound reinvention of the wheel (more like a snake oil but let’s hear you out)

Comment

Jawge?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sup karl?

Comment

Jawge yuh on di warpath! A very nice post but somewhat aggressive...kind of out-of-character on your part. "JC and other pseudo-intellectual tribe..." sound so much unlike you!

Nevertheless, though I chose not to respond to the post as a whole, I do understand where you are come from. I will sit in the shades and what the economists debate you point of view..
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Ah so it go boss; we are in some serious times. No more time for sleep and slumber. It may seem agressive but it's the truth. Words have certain power to them, if we just call words without grasping their true meaning then we won't act on them. Boss I have alot more to say but time doesn't permit right now.

I wish I knew the rest of parishes as how I know St.James. When I walk around Mobay I see a rich city sleeping; just need a wake up to start generating some serious income for all (and I mean all here). Party politics is a failure at this time; believe me when I say "it's within the people to turn JA around". We must set up devices and mechanisms to trap all these billions that keep p[assing though our island (because of the brand the people built).

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  The knee jerk reaction would be: can’t you read! Where is your damn dictionary! Level headedness prevailed and this allowed me to see through your schemes. It’s the common talk amongst those of the colonial mindset to say “ we have it already”. Let me ask you this: Can you go up to any Police officer, nurse or Teacher and say show me your bond shares in USD? I’m talking about USD and you are here to tell me about some Ponzi scheme to rip off the poor in JA. Send me your money and I can use my computer to print out all kinds of places to tell you where it’s invested.
                  You are an amusing guy....perhaps you should concentrate more on making sense than you do on mirth.

Start with simple answers to the questions I posed re your unformed and uninformed theories on bonds.

You must have left the site when I posted that instead of the using tax payers dollars to build AIs, bonds must be floated, with preference given to key citizens (civil servants) for purchase. I’m sure you know what’s a municipal bond. Were any bonds floated to build the highways? The cash cow called Cornwall Regional can be brought back to life by doing this. Either bonds or shares but it should be given to these key public workers first.
                  You are being ridiculous about municipal bonds...such bonds presuppose that Jamaica has municipalities with strong tax revenues that can support debt issues...we don't.

Get back to reality...yuh live ah foreign too long an get confused by Babylon.

Why is it that you are against a plan to empower the populace economically? I know why, your colonial , mindset cannot stand to see the average Jakan making something of themselves. I’ve stood on this board and watched your hypocrisy of calling posters “tribalist”; when in truth you are a “tribalist”.
                  LoL! Mek mi kno wich tribe mi support!

I know I'm on the right track when di 2 tribe dem start cuss mi simultaneously! Yuh pon one side an di nex eediat dem (who shall remain unnamed) pon di nex...

Forward!

Anything that doesn’t fit into that JC and other pseudo intellectual tribe of yours, cannot work. I’m not here to reinvent the wheel.
                  I agree... JC fi eva! LoL!

The most I’m saying is that that the populace of JA give the politicians a parameter and have them work within it (hence Ja and jakans benefit). Why should the people work hard to build a brand and can gain nothing from it? Why should the peoples’ tax paying dollars build so many projects yet they are told they can’t participate from an economic standpoint (only can do menial work there)? I’m not here to talk fancy words and try to fool the people, I’m here with practical solutions.
                  I believe you mean well but your so called solutions don't make sense...it's easy to spout this and that but...as they say in the US...where's the beef?

Your municipal bond idea has zero economic foundation.... Jamaican municipalities are largely (under) funded by central GOJ subventions. Property taxes are largely not collected... same with other municipal user fees.... so there is no economic basis to your hifalutin "solution" of municipal bonds.

I would love that this could work...it cannot at the current time. When municipalities construct an independent & strong income stream... revisit the issue then.... until then...dream on.

When the Vanderbilt put out the white star line, Garvey said come my people, then put the black star line to sea. In Garvey’s time you had the “know it alls” (Dubois and crew opposing; calling Garvey an idiot). I’m not surprised that a clown like yourself would post that foolishness. You speak of something new and different. What is it that’s new and different that you have to offer? Are you going to say , “hey let’s tax the rich” (knowing full well that the rich cannot pay all taxes for the island). The people are tired of you guys and the games.
                  As a Garveyite from JC days I take offence to your characterizations...but since ignorance oftentimes can't help itself... I will say no more re this nonsense of yours.

The people of JA are a great set of people and they have the solutions to the island’s problems not you and your elite friends with lies and deceit. Great how? Well they created their distinct form of music (reggae) and their own religion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne2Ju...eature=related. I bet you would cringe at the thought of the higglers pooling together and owning a four hundred room capacity hotel. I’m willing to bet money that the higglers are better economics and finance experts than you or your associates.
                  Point out what in my posts would lead you to such ridiculous conclusions.... the fact that I point out that your prescriptions don't make any economic sense...even if the goals are laudable?

I'm coming to believe what I've heard about you from other sources... you're mentally unstable.

I will say it again: JA needs no help with tourism. The people built the brand so they should enjoy the rewards of the brand. The world wants to come and see this mystical and spiritual set of people called Jamaicans
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtGsZe1sq5g&feature=related. We are not going to hurt anyone we are a loving and kind set of people. When the pot is shared in a proper way believe me when I say those with criminal minds and that are without any intention of working will be flushed out and brought to justice. There are those that tell the tourists that they should stay in because we are violent and aggressive (code for barbaric) this is far from the truth. It’s time the tourists know that we are more spiritual than materialistic (save a few) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tsZBob--78&feature=related. It’s time we jakans see the light and leave the party politics aside. It’s time to sort out our own affairs as a nation.
                  I've written extensively about tourism and the need to get away from the All Inclusive model... so I won't restate that here.

Get ahold of yourself...yuh jus full ah chat.... no substance

You Mr. Don ; I now await you with your new and profound reinvention of the wheel (more like a snake oil but let’s hear you out)
                  Nothing profound is necessary, JUST PRACTICALITY... suffice it to say.. GET YOUR MEDS! Quick!
                  Last edited by Don1; January 14, 2010, 04:01 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    Ah so it go boss; we are in some serious times. No more time for sleep and slumber. It may seem agressive but it's the truth. Words have certain power to them, if we just call words without grasping their true meaning then we won't act on them. Boss I have alot more to say but time doesn't permit right now.

I wish I knew the rest of parishes as how I know St.James. When I walk around Mobay I see a rich city sleeping; just need a wake up to start generating some serious income for all (and I mean all here). Party politics is a failure at this time; believe me when I say "it's within the people to turn JA around". We must set up devices and mechanisms to trap all these billions that keep p[assing though our island (because of the brand the people built).
                    As I said...why don't you start with doing what you can to help...instead of spouting crappy economics all day?

You may have a little more credibility then.

Comment

sigh....i wonder when last him went for a dental checkup...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        sigh....i wonder when last him went for a dental checkup...
                        mental or dental?

Comment

one usually leads to the other....meds i think...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            one usually leads to the other....meds i think...
                            LoL!

Comment

You know what's the best part of all the crap you posted? This:
                              Nothing profound is necessary, JUST PRACTICALITY... suffice it to say.. GET YOUR MEDS! Quick! (with the key operative in red).

You have said nothing and offered nothing (just as the typical politician of JA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOTCu_P65k

You seem stuck on bonds and not shares but I can understand why. You already know I'm not talking about Govt. Bonds: We all know that these are promisary notes printed byt the govt. In short is the govt.'s way of borrowing money. I'm talking about shares in performing assets which countless times tax payers' money has been called upon to finance.
                              Why wouldn't the municipal bond shares work for Cornwall regional? (especially when targeted floors would be geared towards tourism. Also partnerships offered top research instituions on the East coast? I will tell you why: You don't want it to work and the master did not endorse it. Revenue in taxes? Keep reading the econ text books that they print for you. I keep telling you that you cannot hold a candle to the Higglers in neither economics or finance.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMNqvNwII9o If we the people decide that it must work then it has to work but you with the colonial mind want the people of Ja mired in poverty. I understand because it's easier to manipulate and exploit the people when they are hungry and poor.

You siad move awayform AIs? Move away? Guess what it's a reality there all inclusives springing up all over Mobay. Your political friends is selling us out with our brand for cheap. What is your solution to the given problem?

You know what let me follow your line of reasoning: I am fool that speaks without substance. Ja is strapped for cash, the rich obviously cannot bear Ja's economic burden by itself. How do you in practical terms propose that Ja get out of this mess. It's clear that the populace needs to be economically empowered to drive Ja from chaos. What are your solutions to the given problem?

I won't waste time with you because all you can sit and say is "it won't work" matter of fact your fear is that it will really work. I know it will work because as a boy in Mobay I see what it does when all the locals are able to access foreign exchange. You know nothing about tourism and the truth is that bauxite was dead from the 70s. It was Tourism that was carrying the ball all this time. Where were you when tourist would take tripps to the hills? The people of John's hall would line the street with Mangoes and make a days living. Our brand has been watered down and those that come to our island use our roads and municipalities for free aren't really tourists. Tourists travel to a foreign destination to relax and SPEND money.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DbaOQQuf7c

Back to you: I want to hear your solution to the fact that money flows into Ja and right back out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X