Getting tough - Minister Nelson says stiffanti-gang laws to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
    Again we have 40+ years of crime plans, draconian laws etc which don't work because they don't address the root problem... political reform...breaking the partisan stranglehold of the tribes.
    You nuh have nutten pon Eradication Squad, Operation Ardent, ACID, etc etc fe send Lazie fe read? Or dat was before the internet so him nuh interested?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well, what really needs to be done is, govt. needs to stop ignoring certain communities, that whole vacuum and nature thing. But that is whole nedda story!

But in the meantime, do we just ignore the request, or honour it and send a statement?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

maybe we can get NNN fi have a program bout it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          You nuh have nutten pon Eradication Squad, Operation Ardent, ACID, etc etc fe send Lazie fe read? Or dat was before the internet so him nuh interested?
          Not certain what the point you're making here. Where have you seen me advocating for any such death squad? Duh better than that I-Man.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Well, what really needs to be done is, govt. needs to stop ignoring certain communities, that whole vacuum and nature thing. But that is whole nedda story!

But in the meantime, do we just ignore the request, or honour it and send a statement?
            Why can't y'all be honest? Who said the request is being ignored? A rep from the state depart. that was in the country the other confirmed that discussions are still on going, suh that should be an indication that the request isn't being ignored.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

okay. yuh lost mi wid dat one. who or what is the snake?
              if ah Tivoli..nuh muss Bruce ah di head snake? LoL!
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

maybe we can get NNN fi have a program bout it?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Yep ...pre internet...

big problem!

Comment

i think the wrong message has already been sent.

and, like i said a few weeks ago, this request will not be honoured. i will bet good money on this!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

totally agree that the wrong message has been sent... unlike you, i do believe the request will be honored... bruce will eventually understand that he cannot further ruin the country's reputation and standing in the world community... not sure if he wants his legacy to be a person who is seen as a contributor to organized crime...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                        totally agree that the wrong message has been sent... unlike you, i do believe the request will be honored... bruce will eventually understand that he cannot further ruin the country's reputation and standing in the world community... not sure if he wants his legacy to be a person who is seen as a contributor to organized crime...

unfortunately he already has that legacy... as one who publicly promotes the Tivoli model of development

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          People must can walk and sing at the same time. After seeing what led to Tesha Miller being back on the streets I hope the call some time last year for laws like the RICO law in Jamaica is finally coming.

you just don't get it, do you

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                            This is not New York.... get real...yuh watch tuh much movie.

In Jamaica crime & garrison communities etc are interwoven with the political & business leadership of the country...there is no boundary between crime & politics.

Garrisons and gangs and associated mass criminality.... are how the political class controls different sections of the country and ensures that their tribe has some power.... and a chance to win elections.

This is why the stupid politicians have little appetite to take the real actions necessary to reduce crime.... they fear that their own power bases will be destroyed...... then where will their tribe be?

Again we have 40+ years of crime plans, draconian laws etc which don't work because they don't address the root problem... political reform...breaking the partisan stranglehold of the tribes.

Enough of the superficial crap.
                            ...as I have said before the boundaries between so-called legitimate enterprises and criminal enterprises are not discernible.

Corruption abounds! ...a mind set that does not have the 'legimate' businesses and business persons conducting 'operations'/business with the 'unlawful' businesses and business persons must occur...

...the problem is, how do you have that occur?

...but even as we ponder that we must 'try' to tame 'the beast'!
                            Let's see what Willi's STGC bredren and my friend has to say...
                            I hope it is, all good!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

New York and jamaica different place, different space

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                                New York and jamaica different place, different space
                                Thats the excuse I've been reading here for years. It has been documented how others have addressed their gang problem, why should we try to reinvent the wheel?

Comment

Working...
                                X