Suh wait, after mekking up all kinda noise,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh wait, after mekking up all kinda noise,

a lead protest and hold a mock Parliament showing how they honour our demockracy insisting that there should be a debate .... the obstructionists turn up in Parliament today claiming they're not ready to debate?

Mosiah, these are the empty barrels yuh promoting?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

if true, that is major slackness!

but you should know i don't have much respect for the current leadership of the PNP needah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just saw the fiasco on tv. The opposition could not have looked sillier. It's a shame when Peter Phillips gets involved, trying to save face. Let the chips fall right where they need to fall.

Lazie, when yuh see me promoting the opposition? Talk about being honest! Getting on Bruce's and Audley's case should not be taken as promoting anyone or anything.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the PNPYO seems better prepared than the PNP itself.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Embarrassing!

DEBATE ABOUT-FACE
          Clash in House as Opposition says it’s not ready
          BY ALICIA DUNKLEY Observer staff reporter dunkleya@jamaicaobserver.com
          Wednesday, January 20, 2010
          TWO weeks after staging an unofficial sitting of Parliament at which it demanded that the Government reconvene the legislature to debate the tax package implemented on January 1 as well as economic strategies for the country, the Opposition yesterday said it was unprepared to participate in the debate.
          The Opposition's about-face triggered an uproar in the House as Government members criticised them while pointing to their protest sitting of the House on January 5 when they told the Government that they had "reported for work" and that the people's business could not wait until January 19, the date set by the Bruce Golding Administration for the resumption of Parliament.

"Oonuh come when oonuh nuh fi come and when oonuh fi come oonuh nuh ready," Government MP Daryl Vaz was overheard saying in the noisy crosstalk that ensued.
          "What about the circus parliament oonuh have the other day?" Government MP Everald Warmington queried sotto voce.
          The unofficial sitting, which was not recognised under parliamentary procedure, was attended by all 27 People's National Party members of parliament and several of the party's senators. According to party officials at the time, the January 19 date given by the Government for the resumption of the House for the New Year was unacceptable. The party said if the Government failed to reconvene Parliament before the 19th it was prepared to take further action.
          However, yesterday when the House convened for the new session of Parliament for 2010 it was a sheepish Opposition who reported that it was unable to participate in the debate since its frontman on economic issues, Dr Omar Davies, was not available for the sitting. Furthermore, Leader of Opposition Business in the House Derrick Kellier said the Ministry Paper (with the attached Letter of Intent to the International Monetary Fund with which Jamaica has signed a US$1.3-billion loan agreement) had only just been tabled in the House and the Opposition was not prepared to address the issues contained in it until next Tuesday.
          He was, however, prevented from continuing, as loud shouts of 'no' came from government MPs.
          Kellier, though, insisted: "The Opposition will not be stampeded into making remarks that are not properly researched so that we can present the facts to the people of this country."
          But according to Leader of Government Business in the House Andrew Holness, the Opposition had more than enough information from which to respond in the timeframe. Furthermore, he said the Government would not be controlled by the whims of the Opposition and would be concluding the debate tomorrow, irrespective.
          He was also at pains to point out that the Government had made an unprecedented move in tabling the Letter of Intent and the economic programme in the Parliament before the IMF Board had signed off on it.
          "This debate has been highly anticipated and I don't think we can accept any excuses regarding time for preparation. Certain commitments were made by the Government regarding the presentation of material and the prime minister himself briefed a team of the Opposition thoroughly (last Monday) on the details," Holness said.
          "The final documents were made available to the Opposition yesterday, the same period of time when we had access to the final documents... for several weeks the Opposition has been calling for debate... there is nothing in the documentation that we presented to the Opposition that would prevent them from participating in a debate today, the Government has turned up for work and we are ready to move ahead," he continued with difficulty amidst the uproar.
          Opposition member Dr Peter Phillips, however, charged that parliamentarians were in danger of reducing the tone of the debate to a "petty, partisan, pointscoring" exercise. "The Government is free to start the debate if they want, but common sense would demand that those who want to make a meaningful response are not in a position to do so today," he said. "The Letter of Intent has already been submitted to the Fund, the commitment of the Government has already been given, there is no reason for it to be rushed."
          After the chaos, which descended with House Speaker Delroy Chuck trying desperately to regain order, Prime Minister Golding intervened. Golding, who said the Government had kept the Opposition appropriately informed on a step-by-step basis, was not prepared to be kept in a state of uncertainty by the Opposition which had declared its preparedness to debate despite not having any information on the programme at that time.
          "There is a Government in place in this House... the Opposition will not be in a position to decide how the Government's business will be run," he said.
          "I sat and I watched the charade that took place on January 5. The anxiety for that debate seemed to have waned. We have important work to do. The debate will proceed today, I propose to speak tomorrow (Wednesday), the minister will adjourn the debate on the issue tomorrow (Wednesday) irregardless," he said.
          Subsequently it was decided that the debate will continue and conclude tomorrow.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Now this is why I can't tolerate politicians.

Some thing as important as this, and these clowns - who are being paid from public coffers can turn up unprepared, after them waste tax payers money, burning electricity, and airconditioned comfort several weeks ago.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

The PNP needs to be in opposition for a while. A long while.

Comment

As I said the PNP still has not made a prepared statement on Jamaica and the IMF, what is right, what is wrong and alternatives as they see it.
                They think they can escape their reponsiblity by just been "poor people advocate". Sad that they can't address the matters as a opposition when every other entity has come out with their response. Even the PNPYO has publicly addressed it with some good questions.

Omar maybe afraid as he said we couldn't get mulitlateral loans and would have been questioned. He is a baggage as the opposition spokesperson on Finance. Is he a better loser than Eddie Seaga? He simple need to move to another ministry. As long as he is there Shaw will never be properly looked at and exposed for anything he should be.

Portia still think she has a divine right and show up when she wants to and address what she wants and hide the rest of the time. It seems like Peter Phillips need to start his own party.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is a game, not just any game...dandy shandy! an wi a di eediat whey gi dem a chance fi play dandy shandy

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yu tun laborite now mi brethren?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      As I said the PNP still has not made a prepared statement on Jamaica and the IMF, what is right, what is wrong and alternatives as they see it.
                      They think they can escape their reponsiblity by just been "poor people advocate". Sad that they can't address the matters as a opposition when every other entity has come out with their response. Even the PNPYO has publicly addressed it with some good questions.

Omar maybe afraid as he said we couldn't get mulitlateral loans and would have been questioned. He is a baggage as the opposition spokesperson on Finance. Is he a better loser than Eddie Seaga? He simple need to move to another ministry. As long as he is there Shaw will never be properly looked at and exposed for anything he should be.

Portia still think she has a divine right and show up when she wants to and address what she wants and hide the rest of the time. It seems like Peter Phillips need to start his own party.
                      "As long as he is there Shaw will never be properly looked at and exposed for anything he should be."

Yuh sure bout that Sass? Which Finance Minister has been questioned more than Shaw? People been calling for his resignation .... all now mi nuh understand why. Maybe one day Mosiah can explain.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Instead of answering question all Shaw has to do is point to the work of Dr. Davis. From pre-selling the bauxite, Not meeting economic targets over 14 years, raising interest rate to 50%, Big public sector, No growth, "run with it", No support from multilaterals and the fact that the dollar move from 5.50 to 1 to 80 to 1 in 18 years.

Shaw have it too easy.

Comment

Instead of answering question all Shaw has to do is point to the work of Dr. Davis. From pre-selling the bauxite, Not meeting economic targets over 14 years, raising interest rate to 50%, Big public sector, No growth, "run with it", No support from multilaterals and the fact that the dollar move from 5.50 to 1 to 80 to 1 in 18 years.

Shaw have it too easy.
                          Okay! Everything he does he is being second guessed by the 'experts'. The PNP have Bunting and Golding as subs that do take their jabs at Shaw. I recall Golding criticising the BOJ and the leadership of the bank by Derrick, yet when he was fired a few weeks later him change him tune?

But if yuh think Shaw have it easy ... then.

Comment

Lazie he has it EASY explaining his actions because the opposition finance minister has too many baggages. All Shaw have to do is shut him up and point to what he did. Audley Shaw is not the only minister that has been questioned, and they should. Seaga was questioned, Foggy Mullings quickly disappear and was PJ finance minster?

Comment

Lazie he has it EASY explaining his actions because the opposition finance minister has too many baggages. All Shaw have to do is shut him up and point to what he did. Audley Shaw is not the only minister that has been questioned, and they should. Seaga was questioned, Foggy Mullings quickly disappear and was PJ finance minster?
                              Back up boss ... did I say he shouldn't be questioned? Don't credit me with what I didn't say. Again, how many times have there been calls for Shaw's resignation already?

Comment

Working...
                              X