X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-Y-O GIVES BIRTH IN ST BESS - Baby dies three weeks later

10-Y-O GIVES BIRTH IN ST BESS - Baby dies three weeks later

Michael Lee, STAR Writer
    News of a 10-year-old who gave birth to a baby girl who died three weeks later is the story which has been on everyone's lips in the Mountainside community in St Elizabeth.

THE STAR has learnt that the child gave birth for a man in his mid-30s. However, he is currently in hiding because he is being sought by the police.

The child's father said he is distraught about the incident because he was not given custody of his daughter when he attempted to take her into his care.

"I filed for custody for my daughter but I did not get her and she was given to her mother," said the man.

He also said he does not get to see his daughter because he is a man who does not tolerate foolishness.

Tight-Lipped

A senior cop attached to the Black River Police Station told THE STAR that the matter was being investigated; however, the officer was tight-lipped about the case.

The child's father told THE STAR that the child delivered the baby in December and the baby died three weeks later. The angry father said that he was not even told about the baby's death until two weeks after.

According to the father, his daughter fainted at school and was rushed to the hospital when it was revealed that the child was seven months pregnant.

"How could she be seven months pregnant and no one knew, that makes no sense," said the confused father.

The child's father is begging that the culprit be brought to justice as no one in his right mind would have sex with a 10-year-old girl.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I don't support tyre burning.......but.....it pains me...

Comment

The silence is deafening ... after all, the 30 yr old man only raped a little girl.
      Peter R

Comment

wha yuh say? if it was a likkle bwoy di site tun red?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh nuh.

if a did two thirty year old man then it woulda big noise
          him nuh rape her him only "hold her down". ahh bwoy
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

maybe she did tell him dat she was 22 years old.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i saw this headline on another site and thought it was a national enquirer story... this is unreal... this man should be executed... btw, how could no one notice that the girl was pregnant... there are many who are culpable here...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Unuh know what I want done to him already! Ah bwoy!

Anyone who is hiding this wretched man, should be locked away too.
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

The terrible things that occur...
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am just seeing this. I HATE pedophiles. Generally, I stay away from Jamaican news unless a headline grabs me. It's too damn depressing.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes I, More Fyah! In this case mi wi even help fi pack di tyre dem.
                      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Yes I, More Fyah! In this case mi wi even help fi pack di tyre dem.
                        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                        X