Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi still can't believe

the man beat the democratic candidate.

All along I was silently hoping the democrats would come out and squeak it out.

No we going to see some real obstuctionism inna congress.

I point to the warning signs from the elections last november but people saying the candidates were no good but these are candidates who would win in a different time. Yes we need good candidate but we also can't take the people for granted.

Unemployment is high and foreclourse continue dispite the bail out, taxes raising, and governments cutting even further despite the bailout and nuff professionals out of jobs for extended period despite education and qualification. Even though they may like Obama, what incentives they have to go to the poll? I am talking to a lot of democrats who still like Obama but are not motivated to go out and vote.

Democrats I hope you get the message.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

What message? Them get a message but m nuh think its the message you want to hear.

All Obamas govt spending plans on health care, global warming issues, etc are now on hold, probably never going to happen. I doubt there will be any more stimulus passing either. The Dems got one free year to get things done and they blew it.

I guess Democrats really bought into the whole "Hope" and "Change" thing and thought the man could work miracles, so they set themselves up for disapointment.

Personally I think Obama has done a decent job under difficult conditions so far, but unfortunately didn't get any one substantial thing done that he can point to. Now his whole domestic agenda is out the window.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Obama did a good job, he has been steady and a good leader despite missing some targets but the democrats spend their time like crab inna barrells pushing their individual agenda and taking their constituency for granted. Big cities are crying out, black men are crying out and the young are not getting jobs and they don't see much hope in the near future. It is not even been talked about anymore.

Healthcare should be PUSHED as a catalyst for jobs.

a wonder where Yuttie is this morning?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass - you should go to the archives and get that post you refer to. I remember quite well.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Healthcare reform look dead to me. When all Barney Frank start back off from the bill being finalized you know things look bad.

I was hoping them House Dems would just pass the Senate bill and call it a step in the right direction but the talking heads say the feedback them getting from House Democrats is making that look very unlikely.

And the funny thing is , when the campaign heats up later this year the same Republicans going to say the Dems promised health care reform and could not deliver. Politics is a bitch fe true.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

And the funny thing is , when the campaign heats up later this year the same Republicans going to say the Dems promised health care reform and could not deliver. Politics is a bitch fe true.
            ...and they would be right!

When are elected to lead...lead you must. Don't want to hear one damn thing about the obstacles you faced.

Business (including sports organisations - Boxhill and or Burrell ), politics...even your home life...matters not, lead!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Him deserve fi win and him run an extraordinary campaign. Clueless Coakley never put any effort in the race, expected that she would win, nobady knew her positions, failed to connect with voters, a liberal elitist who felt she was entitled to be senator, a bore and out of touch with voters.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I won't debate that Horti, but a same thing they said about Corzine in Jersey. In a different time on different day she woulda win.

You see that a trend is developing? House leader Reid in a battle for his seat, Rep. Dodd from Connecticut was losing in the survey.

Comment

Well the GOP just prove yuh wrong.

If one so quickly figgets who puts you up the creek, then its likely that the electorate will rush back to put in the perps due to impatience.

A leader must have political skills in dem here times. Just lead, no excuses, no focus on the past has now been exposed as a sham! Those who ignore the past are bound to repeat it.

Comment

Yeah it looking like a tsunami coming to drown the Dems in November.

Once again we see how long a year in politics can be. Me learn that lesson long time ago.

Comment

how much of this is because the novelty of a black president has worn off and "we" now need to return to the status quo?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh right...there is some arrogance creeping in. Walk up call recognised.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hard to say but I don't think that played a significant role. The Dems who are losing have no strong ties to Obama. Seems to me that people are just frustrated with government.

Comment

A year in office Obama have 51% approval rating which is pretty good.

Most other White Democrats don't have anything close. Take for example Dodd who ran for president, he couldn't even win his seat again.

Comment

Working...
                            X