I was once puzzled by Bob Marley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was once puzzled by Bob Marley's

knowledge and intellect. I listened to Bob's interview (which I shared with a friend whilst in school; di yute held me in awe from henceforth) many times and mused: How did Bob gain all this knowledge whilst I had to go to school, read many books and listen to lectures? I know that weed is a shortcut to take one to higher state (that's induced by meditation) but that aside I was still puzzled.

I then set out to collect and read books on Bob, listen his music, study his lyrics and watch documentaries, speaking to Rastas and even people that knew him (searching for Bob's fountain). It led me to another layer of truth. Which is? Jakans have knowledge that's been kept unnderground (quite possibly from slavery days) What I found out was that it was kept hidden more so in pre and post colonial times. These truths were also coded and passed on into rastafarianism (at least some of it). One of the code words which I ignored as a boy was "consciousness". This word is the gateway to the truths hidden in JA. It could be finally lost now (if the elders hadn't passed it on) but it existed up to the 70s. A lot of things that we as children were taught to demean and frown on as idiocy of the poorer class were in fact gateway to truth.

You may laugh at me but I speak the truth. Have nothing more to say.
Working...
X