Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if anybody caught Wyclef and

Rihanna on Oprahs Show on Haiti.

Wyclef spoke about being on the ground and how overwhelming it was for him. He also spoke to the issues regarding his non-profit, he acknowledged that there were some administrative problems that he was working on, but that they had done good work in Haiti for a while now.

Rihanna has recorded a version of Redemption Song with the proceeds going to the for the Haiti Relief effort, so she performed it live. Not a favourite version of mine but the intent is there. I have to say I am getting to really respect Rihanna as a person.

Also Maxwell performed a song that is going to the relief effort. He says he was raised mostly by his Haitian grandmother.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

maxwell's parents are haitian and puerto rican

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I saw it!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I wish Wycleff all the best and hopes he irons out the problems in his business dealings...I did not see anything wrong with the story that came out questioning his business dealings and the many conflicts.

I am sure he means well but meaning well and doing what is right are poles apart.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

It happens a lot to entertainers and sports people. Their heart is in it but they may lack the management skills and others don't do them justice.
          No doubt Cliff heart is in the right place but one have to wonder about the timing of the questions.

I am happy he was honest about it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            I wish Wycleff all the best and hopes he irons out the problems in his business dealings...I did not see anything wrong with the story that came out questioning his business dealings and the many conflicts.

I am sure he means well but meaning well and doing what is right are poles apart.
            ...I'll ask the question again...is that questioning of Wycleff's charities (a set up) a foretelling of IRS audits!

The good ole USA is known for attempts at tearing down those who make good. It matters not if as those who have audited his charities before are claiming that his hands are clean, or if it is found as fact that his hands are clean, the stigma attached by those who released the story will linger.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am not even going that far Karl, sounds like conspiracy theories to me... if he is honest then he has nothing to fear from IRS right?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

"if he is honest then he has nothing to fear from IRS right?"

I wouldn't say that is correct. They wheel a big stick and is know to make a few mistakes.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, to be fair to the media, you have to expect extra scrutiny when millions of dollars start flowing in and major celebrities are telling thier fans to give to Yele Haiti. His organization was not setup to deal with a catastrophe of this magnitude and this amount of money.

There was some unnecessary hype in the story and a little bit of badmind I think, particularly about him using his production company for the fundraising concerts (not a thing wrong with that since they were charging below market rates) but I don't think his reputation has suffered much damage.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well it seems that people had questions, and there is nothing wrong in asking (IMO).

As Oprah pointed out to him, when you have a charitable organization going, it is imperative that you have the right people - accountants etc. doing their part.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      I am not even going that far Karl, sounds like conspiracy theories to me... if he is honest then he has nothing to fear from IRS right?
                      Yuh jokin!

Not even the accountants understand the bloody IRS rules. ...it is reported any two IRS agents overseeing doing an audit ask different questions, need different supporting documents and come to different conclusions.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mi have a feeling Wyclef bruck. He aint did **************** since Fugees and he had a mansion foreclosed on in Miami Beach last year!!!

Comment

Wyclef Jean's Foreclosed Mansion Put Up For Auction
                          Posted: 11/21/2008 5:05:29 PM by Jaymo

A foreclosed Miami mansion owned by Wyclef Jean will reportedly be put up for auction next month.

According to The Palm Beach Post, Jean borrowed a $2 million mortgage from Home Equity Mortgage Corp. in 2004 to purchase and renovate the mansion but fell behind on payments.

Jean now owes the bank 2.4 milllion and the mansion will go up for auction on December 12th in downtown Miami.

Wyclef Jean Sued Over Unpaid Jewelry
                          Posted: 7/30/2008 2:36:30 PM by Black widow

Jacob and Company Incorporated, the company founded by Jacob The Jeweler, has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Wyclef Jean over unpaid items

According to The Associated Press, the company claims that the Haitian born rapper bought watches and jewelry from them between March 2002 and January 2006 for $765,100 but still owes $319,680.

The company claims that Wyclef has ignored repeated demands for payment.

As reported earlier, Jacob The Jeweler was sentenced to 30 months
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                            Wyclef Jean's Foreclosed Mansion Put Up For Auction
                            Posted: 11/21/2008 5:05:29 PM by Jaymo

A foreclosed Miami mansion owned by Wyclef Jean will reportedly be put up for auction next month.

According to The Palm Beach Post, Jean borrowed a $2 million mortgage from Home Equity Mortgage Corp. in 2004 to purchase and renovate the mansion but fell behind on payments.

Jean now owes the bank 2.4 milllion and the mansion will go up for auction on December 12th in downtown Miami.

Wyclef Jean Sued Over Unpaid Jewelry
                            Posted: 7/30/2008 2:36:30 PM by Black widow

Jacob and Company Incorporated, the company founded by Jacob The Jeweler, has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Wyclef Jean over unpaid items

According to The Associated Press, the company claims that the Haitian born rapper bought watches and jewelry from them between March 2002 and January 2006 for $765,100 but still owes $319,680.

The company claims that Wyclef has ignored repeated demands for payment.

As reported earlier, Jacob The Jeweler was sentenced to 30 months

The earlier part of the report connected with the 2nd?

Comment

Well I wouldn't know, have no dealings with them at all
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X