• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stranded - US denied Jamaican nurse passage from Haiti

Stranded - US denied Jamaican nurse passage from Haiti
    Published: Sunday | January 24, 2010

Daraine Luton, Staff Reporter
    Port-au-Prince, Haiti:

A Jamaican nurse practitioner was yesturday denied passage to the United States when she attempted to leave Haiti.

Melissa Marballie, who has been the holder of a US green card since 2005, was turned back by US immigration when she attempted to return to the States where she has lived since 2000.

She had been in Haiti since last Sunday, arriving with a group of medical volunteers in the aftermath of the disaster.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ews/news1.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

She need fi send some drugs to America

Comment

"The way I feel about the United States' actions cannot be put into words," Marballie said.

She added: "They would have let me stay on the streets. I have always known that being a green-card holder means that you are a third-class citizen, but it is today that I found out!"
      GBTUSA!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well in their defence she ain't American!!!!

p.s yuh might want to change your Avatar. Dis bredda looks like him cyaan handle di ting

Comment

tanks fi di advice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Americans can't even get out either. She never hear say Bruce sent planes? She could a go a Ja and ketch one to the US.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yuh read the article?

well, she did just that. she seems to believe that she is a citizen of the good old USA! she lucky dem never cancel har green card!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I understand her fustration but in a time of disaster like this, there are limits on how many people can leave at a time. It is natural that the preference will be US citizen leaving to the US. Don't you think the US customs and immigration is flooded with request?

She did the right thing in trying to get to Jamaica first. You think if she was a US citizen going to the government of Jamaica for a ride out she would get first priority to Jamaica? If so the Jamaican camp would be flooded with that request.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

....good reasoning Assasin:
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    You think if she was a US citizen going to the government of Jamaica for a ride out she would get first priority to Jamaica?
                    A white US citizen? Yes

Comment

a since when yuh know colour? wha yuh feel suppen up north? LOL

Comment

Where I work the head of operations is a black yute from Gambia wit dreads. I met him while i was taking some classes and he offered me a job. I accepted and am now the Production Manager giving orders to the old redneck breddas in the fabrication shop. We haffi work twice as hard as our white predecessors and still a get a fight. Di bredda dem nah listen to we so we always haffi go upstairs to the President to get tings done. Guess brownman don't carry nuh weight round here

Comment

So yuh fine roots america. Den how yuh ah cuss it so? Dem mek yuh fine yuhself, don't .

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            GBTUSA!

Right on that - you nuh see she want to come back to the USA!
                            God bless America
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

GBA

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X