I lift my hat to the Haitians.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lift my hat to the Haitians.....

Especially for the relative calm that they have exhibited.

I don't know why I thought the country would erupt into anarchy--considering the magnitude of their plight.

I wonder if the Jamaican people would show similar restraint in such a crisis?
    Last edited by HL; January 25, 2010, 04:24 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    Especially for the relative calm that they have exhibited.

I don't know why I thought the country would erupt into anarchy--considering the magnitude of their plight.

I wonder if the Jamaican people would show similar restraint in such a crisis?
    Ans: No
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Well I was there during Gilbert and I can tell you I wouldn't want to be there during another Hurricane but the aftermath and rebuilding was really sobering. To see Jamaicans giving, helping and been there for each other. It is something I will never forget.

With the little bad we are a caring people, loving people and so too are majority of the haitians I have met while living in NY.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yuh expect different from hl?

come to think of it, was it all honky dory after katrina ravaged new orleans?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

jus axin' a simple question..........

...and I know you know the answer to my question.

Assasin comes from a civil community that is not really representative of todays' Jamaica. It is an outlier.
          Last edited by HL; January 25, 2010, 05:13 PM.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I was living in Mobay at the time. The first thing I saw was workers and hotel guests together clearing roads and leading the recovery long before any government agencies.

Yes there were the looters in Mobay during the hurricane but one of the first thing I had to do was make sure my grandma was ok in Portland and I took the ride for a few days and when people have to get back to basic they realise the importance of neigbourhood.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Remember the riots ion LA after Rodney King and the looting...
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

those were the jamaicans in compton!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dem ebrywhere

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

these situations can tax the extent of human endurance....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100126/...s_quake_haiti1

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X