Well Mac and Apple followers, today is the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Mac and Apple followers, today is the

day for the big announcement. Jawge tune in and watch Apple set the trend for the others to follow yet again.

Microcomputers existed before the Mac, but the personal computing was never the same after that

MP3 players existed before the Ipod but music was never the same again after that

Smart phones existed before the Iphone, but thier Apps store changed forever what we expect from them

Do I see a trend here? Stay tuned...........

Watch out Kindle,Xbox and Netflix....Here comes Apple!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    day for the big announcement. Jawge tune in and watch Apple set the trend for the others to follow yet again.

Microcomputers existed before the Mac, but the personal computing was never the same after that

MP3 players existed before the Ipod but music was never the same again after that

Smart phones existed before the Iphone, but thier Apps store changed forever what we expect from them

Do I see a trend here? Stay tuned...........

Watch out Kindle,Xbox and Netflix....Here comes Apple!
    the tethered computing model is dead... mobility rules.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

mobility rules... mi rarely turn on my desktop at home... in fact, once mi leave mi office, mi nuh use a pc...

mi love mi iphone but i think i will be leaving it for an android when my contract expires... apple is just too propietary... i think as more people get over the hype they will understand how restrictive apple products are... the same reasons why they were on life support 20 yrs ago still exists today and people will wise up...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Android look good fe true and eventually will have a larger market share in total than the iphone due to the open nature of the software.

Apple is a far different company now than when they got in trouble though. So many streams of income and a growing percentage from third party content like music, apps, etc. If they can really break into book/magazine/movie content with this new "device" that will only get bigger.

It will be interesting to watch Apple and Google compete in the same space with different business models.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Android look good fe true and eventually will have a larger market share in total than the iphone due to the open nature of the software.
          exactly what i am talking about... sure the landscape has changed, they have benefited from the many technologies that have afforded them many options in terms of products, mp3 and ipod, etc., however the core model still remains the same and competitors and the marketplace will determine their destiny... they will continue to fight to stay ahead but they will only be able to fight for so long...

remember, sony and betamax... polaroid and instant pictures...

how many people know that when the battery on an ipod or an iphone dies, they have to buy a new ipod/iphone... consumers will ask why cant i just buy a battery... silly stuff like those and there are others...

Comment

Apple unveils iPad tablet with onscreen keyboard

Reuters – Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs holds the new " iPad" during the launch of Apple's …

2 mins ago
            SAN FRANCISCO – Apple CEO Steve Jobs has unveiled the iPad, a tablet-style computer that resembles the iPhone, but larger.

"It's so much more intimate than a laptop and so much more capable than a smart phone," Jobs said Wednesday at the device's highly anticipated debut in San Francisco.

Jobs demonstrated how the iPad is used for surfing the Web with Apple's Safari browser. He typed an e-mail using an on-screen keyboard and flipped through photo albums by flicking his finger across the screen.

The CEO says the iPad will also be better for reading books, playing games and watching video than either a laptop or a smart phone.

No price or information on availability was immediately announced.

Now Apple will have to convince consumers, many of whom already have Internet-connected phones, computers and TVs, that that's the case.

Tablet computers have existed for a decade, with little success.

Shares in Apple fell $4.65, or 2.3 percent, to $201.29 in afternoon trading Wednesday. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company's shares have more than doubled over the past year, partly on anticipation of the tablet computer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The games and video look pretty impressive. And I like how it handles the e-newspaper app.

Wonder what the price will be. I am thinking $700-$800

Comment

how many people know that when the battery on an ipod or an iphone dies, they have to buy a new ipod/iphone... consumers will ask why cant i just buy a battery... silly stuff like those and there are others...
                Damn
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

The games and video look pretty impressive. And I like how it handles the e-newspaper app.

Wonder what the price will be. I am thinking $700-$800
                  according to apple (http://www.apple.com/ipad/) it will start at $499

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                    exactly what i am talking about... sure the landscape has changed, they have benefited from the many technologies that have afforded them many options in terms of products, mp3 and ipod, etc., however the core model still remains the same and competitors and the marketplace will determine their destiny... they will continue to fight to stay ahead but they will only be able to fight for so long...

remember, sony and betamax... polaroid and instant pictures...

not too sure about that. I've replaced my ipod battery with a battery replacement kit from sonnet,and it works fine.
                    http://www.sonnettech.com/product/ipodbatteries.html

Comment

Didn't get to see it boss. Have to agree with badone about the proprietary thing though (IRiver is much better than ipod). Yuh notice say ebryting ah cloud now though

Comment

za, respect for the info... still how many the average person will be that savy to get involve in the procedure to replace a battery...

they will go to the mac store and they will tell them they cannot replace the battery... or, they will say, they do not encourage it or support it...

Comment

Working...
                        X