RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X...i was looking forward to this fight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X...i was looking forward to this fight....

Andre Berto withdrew Monday from his Jan. 30 fight with Shane Mosley, saying the strain of dealing with the earthquake that struck Haiti left him unable to fight.

Andre Berto is 25-0 with 19 KOs.

Al Bello

Berto, who represented Haiti in the Athens Olympics, said he could not train properly for what was to be the biggest fight of his career.

"As a result of this disaster, I am mentally and physically exhausted and therefore I have no choice but to withdraw from my bout," Berto said in a statement.

The undefeated Berto was to defend his WBC welterweight title against Mosley in a fight on HBO at the Mandalay Bay resort. Mosley, who has held titles in three different weight classes, was to be his most significant opponent yet.

Berto, whose parents are from Haiti and who has many relatives on the island, had been in training in Florida and was scheduled to arrive in Las Vegas on Wednesday. But he said he could not go forward, despite the fight being "an opportunity I have dreamt of since childhood."
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I was looking forward to this fight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,216048

Comment

Havent see him , will keep an eye out for him , any news on mayweather , is he still running ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"be a man"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk
        Peter R

Comment

Good one PR...(i checked out the rest...brilliant!).

HL

Comment

Berto is heading for the pound for pound category X.

This was suppose to be a 'rubber-stamp' fight against Sugar Shane ...........

I'll make sure I give you the heads-up when it's rescheduled.

Here's what I predicted>>>>>

Pacquiao (right) gave a boxing masterclass against Cotto last year

Manny Pacquiao believes a fight against bitter rival Floyd Mayweather Jr will happen later this year. Plans for the pair to meet fizzled out last week after a row over Mayweather's demands for random blood and urine sampling in the build-up to their bout.

World welterweight champion Pacquiao will fight Ghana's Joshua Clottey in Dallas in March instead of Mayweather.

But he said: "It will happen. I'm still hoping a fight with Mayweather will be pushed through, maybe by summer time."

The Filipino said Mayweather's drug-testing demands unfairly cast him in a bad light as a suspected cheat.

HL

Comment

Working...
            X