what you say public defender? Karl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what you say public defender? Karl.

The General Manager of the Financial Sector Adjustment Company (FINSAC) was back in the hot seat when the Commission of Enquiry into the operations of the entity in the financial sector meltdown of the 1990s resumed Tuesday morning.

Errol Campbell had been charged to ferret out the answers to crucial questions posed by Commissioner Retired Justice Boyd Carey nearly a month ago.

Mr. Campbell was armed with the relevant documents and information for which he was berated by Mr. Carey a few weeks ago.

However, Mr. Campbell was still unable to provide some answers such as the gross sum that FINSAC collected for all the companies that it sold.

He promised however, to provide the information in due course.

Mr. Campbell produced documents which pointed to a significant write-off of debts accumulated by 220 companies.

He referred to this as the ‘window of opportunity' where some companies had the opportunity to have some of their debts written off while others were offered a repayment plan.

This elicited titters from FINSAC debtor attending the Enquiry.

During the morning session of the Enquiry, Yola Grey-baker, Acting President of the Finsac'd Entrepreneurs Association told RJR News that the figures reeled off by Mer. Campbell further highlighted the unfair treatment meted out to small FINSAC debtors like herself.

"What is amazing in the testimony that Mr. Campbell is now giving is the fact that he got this list of people who got percentages of their loans written off. For example, there was someone who had a balance of $116 million and had $112 million was written off ... someone who had $325 million owed, had $295 million written off, another person's loan of $326 million had $320 million written off. People like us, the little people like myself, who borrowed $10 million and by the time they sold our house, we had paid in excess of $76.8 million and we still owe $85 million," Mrs. Grey-Baker said.

The Enquiry continues with more testimony from Mr. Campbell.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    The General Manager of the Financial Sector Adjustment Company (FINSAC) was back in the hot seat when the Commission of Enquiry into the operations of the entity in the financial sector meltdown of the 1990s resumed Tuesday morning.

Errol Campbell had been charged to ferret out the answers to crucial questions posed by Commissioner Retired Justice Boyd Carey nearly a month ago.

Mr. Campbell was armed with the relevant documents and information for which he was berated by Mr. Carey a few weeks ago.

However, Mr. Campbell was still unable to provide some answers such as the gross sum that FINSAC collected for all the companies that it sold.

He promised however, to provide the information in due course.

Mr. Campbell produced documents which pointed to a significant write-off of debts accumulated by 220 companies.

He referred to this as the ‘window of opportunity' where some companies had the opportunity to have some of their debts written off while others were offered a repayment plan.

This elicited titters from FINSAC debtor attending the Enquiry.

During the morning session of the Enquiry, Yola Grey-baker, Acting President of the Finsac'd Entrepreneurs Association told RJR News that the figures reeled off by Mer. Campbell further highlighted the unfair treatment meted out to small FINSAC debtors like herself.

"What is amazing in the testimony that Mr. Campbell is now giving is the fact that he got this list of people who got percentages of their loans written off. For example, there was someone who had a balance of $116 million and had $112 million was written off ... someone who had $325 million owed, had $295 million written off, another person's loan of $326 million had $320 million written off. People like us, the little people like myself, who borrowed $10 million and by the time they sold our house, we had paid in excess of $76.8 million and we still owe $85 million," Mrs. Grey-Baker said.

The Enquiry continues with more testimony from Mr. Campbell.
    Were is the question begged by Campbell's answer on whether or not the figures quoted by him had ballooned as per his debt? ...and thus sum quoted forgiven was or was not inclusive of interest owed and therefore the reader had (principal & interest) amounts that can be reasonably be compared to his?

No...the idea is to give us another 'nancy story! What was her loan balance?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

how about his 'nancy story: However, Mr. Campbell was still unable to provide some answers such as the gross sum that FINSAC collected for all the companies that it sold.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

why was 220 people debt written off while not one cent off the other people's?

What make them so priviledged? Them born inna the wrong family?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

why yuh leap to that...build up to it.....make a case.....yuh ave the names of who's debt was written off? no BUILD yuh case first! don't start wid the conclusion.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

a hear you boss.

Withdrawn.

Comment

YES Sah - give us the names of those whose debts were written off! CRIMINALS - man borrow $10 million, loose him shut, house, puss, dog, pickney, wife etc. and still owing $85 million.

Man borrow $325 mil and get $295 mil written-off. A wha suh
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well we know Seaga, Shaw and Carey already so we have 217 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  why was 220 people debt written off while not one cent off the other people's?

What make them so priviledged? Them born inna the wrong family?
                  Dem born wid the wrong name and in the wrong family!!
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

you are waay too defensive on this issue... it begs a question.... hmmm..

Comment

Working...
                    X