IMF approves US$1.27 billion loan to Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosiah this is proof to my argument.

We didn't need IMF. Why don't you elaborate on borrowing at 28% interest rate and using 60% of budget for death services.

Elaborate from me how we going to get there without plunging the dollar, without capital flight, without a discipline structure that force our government to act?

How do we get rid of high interest rate borrowing from Wall Street. Don't even mention social contracts or Petro Caribe. Make it an economy discussion.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      laugh yes.. him nuh realize seh wi leave di 'knee-jerk' comrade way...

When Drivah and him team mek a move dem vision 10 chess moves ahead..

poor comrades still play Tic-Tac-Toe...

lol !
      your problem: ever present tribal oneupmanship

why your type is part of the problem
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Mosiah this is proof to my argument.

We didn't need IMF. Why don't you elaborate on borrowing at 28% interest rate and using 60% of budget for death services.

Elaborate from me how we going to get there without plunging the dollar, without capital flight, without a discipline structure that force our government to act?

How do we get rid of high interest rate borrowing from Wall Street. Don't even mention social contracts or Petro Caribe. Make it an economy discussion.
        You confuse yourself...the JDX is essentially a social contract. Much more of the same is required.
        Let's assume that GOJ undertook needed reforms in 2007-2008, including financial reforms... if it is determined that IMF support is required...then get it. That is the IMF's job....to be the bank of last resort....not the bank of first resort.

The IMF cannot be Jamaica's salvation....only Jamaicans can be.

nuff said.
        Last edited by Don1; February 5, 2010, 01:52 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          I commend the GOJ for concluding the agreement...ESPECIALLY with the JDX component required by the IMF....that's a potential gamechanger..restructuring our finances...a new paradigm. Just the type of out of the box thinking we need...and I have been calling for ...fi 2 year now pon dis channel.

stop being smug and disingenuous. Mr. Shaw has been calling for it for the last 15 years....the people that were responsible (the BEST finance Minister Jamaica has ever had!!!) were incapable of doing so. it was Minister Shaw's stated intention and he has delivered. whereas you just seem to be content to wallow in your irrelevance and bitterness on this site.

I see your latest duplicity is to somehow lessen the impact of Minister Shaw (and Bruce Golding) and his passion and seriousness for real reform in this country by ascribing the IMF the lions share of credit for these important initiatives.

but you are wrong. this historic agreement (including the JDX) was conceptualized conceived and executed largely in Jamaica.

so here we have another dramatic departure in policy between the JLP and the PNP, one that even you (grudgingly and with all kinds of caveats) have been forced to recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
            but you are wrong. this historic agreement (including the JDX) was conceptualized conceived and executed largely in Jamaica.
            after 3 budgets in one year and how many supplementaries, if it even came from the govt. it would the least they could do after so many tries.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

we have certainly been our solution.

enuff said
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the imf has called for social consensus on more than one occasion. i guess that is different than social contract.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  after 3 budgets in one year and how many supplementaries, if it even came from the govt. it would the least they could do after so many tries.
                  that is an astonishing statement in the face of the last 18 years. one that to my mind betrays a certain disposition and a lack of independent thought.

adjust your skirt bredrin...your slip is showing...

Comment

mind how yuh a see skirt pon mi. yuh need fi check yuh eyesight! or your tendencies.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

consensus is much different than a social contract.

To call the JDX a social contract is far more than a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
                        stop being smug and disingenuous. Mr. Shaw has been calling for it for the last 15 years....the people that were responsible (the BEST finance Minister Jamaica has ever had!!!) were incapable of doing so. it was Minister Shaw's stated intention and he has delivered. whereas you just seem to be content to wallow in your irrelevance and bitterness on this site.

I see your latest duplicity is to somehow lessen the impact of Minister Shaw (and Bruce Golding) and his passion and seriousness for real reform in this country by ascribing the IMF the lions share of credit for these important initiatives.

so here we have another dramatic departure in policy between the JLP and the PNP, one that even you (grudgingly and with all kinds of caveats) have been forced to recognize.
                        Even wen mi applaud dem...dem vex....ah wha dis faada?

I call it as I see it....I see nothing in your post for me revise one word of mine.... mi nuh inna di blind party loyalty, hero worship an political calculus.... which inform the actions of the typical tribalist.

Time too serious fi dat nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          mind how yuh a see skirt pon mi. yuh need fi check yuh eyesight! or your tendencies.
                          I thought you would see nothing wrong in said tendencies. Mek up yuh mind nuh.

Damn

Comment

hey, mi not telling anybody what fi do inna dem owna private place. and mi no waan nuhbody fi look pon mi and see smaddy of the opposite sex, or some fantasy of theirs in the form of some transvestite! das all i'm saying!

if dem have dem thoughts bout mi, keep it to demself! bout adjust skirt!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              consensus is much different than a social contract.

To call the JDX a social contract is far more than a stretch.
                              what is it then a social consensus? di peeple dem sign document ar dem jus shake han?

Comment

It is a financial contract. Was the purchasing the original bond a social contract too?

Comment

Working...
                                X