• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal gun shop... has been operating for some time

Illegal gun shop... has been operating for some time

Published: Friday | February 5, 2010

Arthur Hall, Senior Staff Reporter

Acting Police Commissioner Owen Ellington stands by as Minister of National Security Senator Dwight Nelson addresses the media at the scene. - photo by Ian Allen/Photographer
    Munster Road, off Mountain View Avenue in eastern St Andrew, is considered a solid middle-class community despite its proximity to several volatile communities.
    With Wareika Hills as its back drop, the community borders the area of Mountain View Avenue known as 'Back Bush' with its neighbours, including Nannyville Gardens, Jarrett Lane, Jacques Road and other volatile communities.
    "This area, Sligo Road, Munster Road and all the way up is really the section that one would regard as the middle class within the context of Mountain View Avenue," Dr St Aubyn Bartlett, Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) member of parliament for the area, told The Gleaner yesterday. Bartlett, who was quick on the scene yesterday morning, noted that the violence that has plagued sections of Mountain View Avenue over the years has avoided Munster Road.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead3.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Crooked sarge hurts colleagues

Crooked sarge hurts colleagues

Published: Friday | February 5, 2010

Deputy Commissioner of Police Jevene Bent arrives at the scene on Munster Road. - Ian Allen/Photographer
    Police personnel on the scene of yesterday's massive gun and ammunition find in east Kingston were unanimous in their condemnation of the sergeant arrested in connection with the seizure.
    "A people like him mek me get bad name," one cop was overheard saying to his colleagues.
    "And when the boy dem a fire after we, it hurt me fi know say a policeman sell them the gun and bullets," lamented another uniformed cop.
    "It is them mek Les Green (assistant com-missioner of police) say when policeman dead, them involved inna things," argued another policeman. They were responding to news that a recently promoted sergeant was the first person held in the bust.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead2.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dwight Nelson...ah bwoy...Dwight "Allegedly One Phone Call and Yuh Missin'" Nelson, what do you have to say for yourself now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f9w8reGnjE

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I always said that criminals within the force were putting law abiding citizens and cops lives in danger.

Comment

Hope thses newly promoted cops are allowed to sweep other areas of the island.

Comment

Jawge, just quiat! Because while yuh claim yuh said that, you also had some very unkind words for Jamaicans for Justice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Suh im beg the good cops fi ""Just shoot me and kill me. Me can't tek the embarrassment"?

Guess the impact on the society was unimportant. It was all about his living large and the 'likle secret' being kept in the dark?

Parade im! ...im madda shudda bax im innah public. ...and then the people detain him for the rest of his life!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Just shoot me and kill me. Me can't tek the embarrassment," the sergeant is reported to have said as his colleagues collared him.

But the cops were more interested in finding out who else was involved in the illegal activity and the source of the guns and ammunition.
                Is dat dem use to, just shoot and kill. But the other cops thankfully understood you can get more info from a live criminal than a dead one, and wisely, and lawfully, spared this sergeant's life.

Dis officer has not seen embarrassment yet, hopefully. He was to be the "poster child" for community policing, let's parade him as another sort of poster child.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If him had a madda like me, him would get bax, kick and choked in public
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                  X