Clovis got it right today again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis got it right today again!

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

We obviously have a different standard or sense of humour. This cartoon would be much better had the ingredients been the Dudus issue, the IMF, the Nurses, etc., suggesting issues that have been brewing and about to boil over.

What is the meaning behind the pig and eggs? Some pork barrel reference that flew over mi head?

Help mi out here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      We obviously have a different standard or sense of humour. This cartoon would be much better had the ingredients been the Dudus issue, the IMF, the Nurses, etc., suggesting issues that have been brewing and about to boil over.

What is the meaning behind the pig and eggs? Some pork barrel reference that flew over mi head?

Help mi out here.
      The difference between you and I is Lazie love a good laff! I saw the humor in it as those were the PM's own words that Clovis are now using.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

love the coal pot stove...hehehe...alll the other burners occupied! i loveded it!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good job clovis. Make Mosiah gweh with him badmind.

Comment

You have a right to your sense of humour, but for me, just illustrating what the PM said is...basic. A 5 year old could have done this, even if his drawing and colouring skills would not have been nearly as good. Political/editorial cartoonists, like Clovis, tend inject a certain amount of satire and metaphor.

But hey, we have also moved from a country that could appreciate a good play to one that yearns for the next Shebada slapstick.

So I guess, with the CG saying that "corruption is strangling Jamaica" in today's Newsletter, we can expect a cartoon depicting some strongman labelled corruption with his big hands around a map of a squeezed up Jamaica.

Clever!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

badmind or more intelligent mind?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                You have a right to your sense of humour, but for me, just illustrating what the PM said is...basic. A 5 year old could have done this, even if his drawing and colouring skills would not have been nearly as good. Political/editorial cartoonists, like Clovis, tend inject a certain amount of satire and metaphor.

But hey, we have also moved from a country that could appreciate a good play to one that yearns for the next Shebada slapstick.

So I guess, with the CG saying that "corruption is strangling Jamaica" in today's Newsletter, we can expect a cartoon depicting some strongman labelled corruption with his big hands around a map of a squeezed up Jamaica.

Clever!
                Next time we cross paths remind me fi introduce yuh to a strip club .... yuh need fi losen up bredren.

Comment

but mi nuh undastan yuh. yuh a compare a strip club to an editorial cartoonist's work?

when i go to...when i used to go to those places, i use to leave my brain behind. is one head me waan rule me during dose times!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

intelligence you call your view. LOL
                    You and wbvs really a compete for the title.

Comment

but none can rival you tho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good thing me is Me

Comment

I'm happy you are Me too!

hmmm...dat didn't come out right.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Compare:

Friday - March 12, 2010

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fix your argument. Mine a ban reach you.

Comment

Working...
                              X