No announcement yet.

Jamaica seeks product assembly agreement with China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSSSshhhh Willi. Only me and you know them deh programming language deh. Now a days if is Visual Basic, C, web programming etc. them nah say nothing. Only some very large company that invested too heavily in COBOL still have it around.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Nobody is saying this is all we need. This is however very good for low and middle class income earners. Many single mothers who are the backbone of Jamaica and who shop inna cornation market. This only stand to boost middle class income.

Did China, Taiwan and Honkong grow on hitech jobs or low tech jobs and then move on? In India doctors are now doing customer service jobs as there is more demand and pay for it.
      If you read my post and can understand it...you will notice that I said Jamaica needs such low end jobs.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Let me ask you this: when the routers that link say a bank in US to europe goes down; do you call a burger flipper resolve the issue? If there is programming glitch in a sotfware do you call on manual labor? Move to embedded systems; in cars, elevators et al (most of these systems run on windows or linux) do you call on amual labor? Ja could do product support for toyota dealers in the US alone and live nice.

Boss know the market before you speak.
        In today's knowledge market such tech support jobs are relatively low end. Jamaica does need such low end jobs...yes....

Jobs that design & create systems or services are what we should be ultimately planning for by establishing the appropriate knowledge base. That's where the real value added is.... in gaining some intellectual property ...beyond a mere job.

Clearly this seems beyond your comprehension.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

COBOL will never die! LOL

APL was by FAR the most powerful, that is why Actuaries use it for involved modelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            Wha?

Intel had a chip Fab in Costa Rica!!

I dont know Linux or even Unix. I stopped programming long time, but I used Fortran, Pascal, COBOL and APL. I did work in dbase and Informix as well.
            the guy is so stuck in technical support issues he doesn't have a clue beyond that

Comment

Boss how yuh luv chat fart so? low tech? six weeks? Who yuh know learn linux (especially the kernel) in six weeks? Do you think I'm talking about making a directory , copying a file or laoding the os? Have you ever written a line of code? Do you really know about embeded systems?

China that you boast about can tell you that when the soviet union deliberately shiped dismantled fighter jets to them; they could not put it together with all the manuals they had (forget about reverse engineering). The Russian experts had to come and show them step by step. Matter of fact the only country that could handle high technology in this region is cuba. You don't seem to know that the reason why India, china and even Iran seem to have a grasp on technology is because of the USA during the cold war days. The military and its technology has a lot to do with a country's commercial technology.

Now please tell me what you call "high tech" and how will JA secure a partnership or contract in this area.
              Aaah bwoy...for the last time...unless we start on the road of CREATING products & services... we will ALWAYS be "drawers of water and hewers of wood" in the Knowledge Age. This is what we should be starting to plan in our yutes & in the education system.

Fortunately there are a few who recognize this truth and have started to show the way versus those like you who just chat but do nothing.

You have your head buried in the mere tech support sand.... shortsighted but not unusual.

Comment

My yute; JA doesn't have the expertise to capture manfucturing and design (the most Ja would offer would be real estate) UWI is just coming aboard with applied physics. By the time Ja would be ready, gears would be shited and robots will be doing most of the design.

My initial argument was that seeing that Ja has a problem with energy supply and consumption., JA should target the software sector (applied math). This way the island can contribute to atrificial intelligence, product support et al. Ja just don't have a military with sophisticated electronics (hence a trickle down to education and commerce) to jump in this market niche.

Comment

My yute; JA doesn't have the expertise to capture manfucturing and design (the most Ja would offer would be real estate) UWI is just coming aboard with applied physics. By the time Ja would be ready, gears would be shited and robots will be doing most of the design.

My initial argument was that seeing that Ja has a problem with energy supply and consumption., JA should target the software sector (applied math). This way the island can contribute to atrificial intelligence, product support et al. Ja just don't have a military with sophisticated electronics (hence a trickle down to education and commerce) to jump in this market niche.
                  Right we don't currently have it.

We will never have that until we start to prepare yutes fi dat....open their minds to the possibilities and give them a knowledge base & excitement for technology from a young age.

Also we don't have to concentrate on the military or very sophisticated tech products...we should concentrate on APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY to solve our own problems...particularly in energy & food security....but anywhere dem whizzy tek dem.
                  We have such problems in common with the vast majority of humanity...so solutions we develop will have a vast market.

Case in point is the simple software system the JAMAICANS developed for micro payments...schools fees, lunches etc...now to be EXPORTED to Ghana.

Simple...but effective.

Comment

so now yuh back to whey mi ah say. phew is like pulling teeth.

Comment

so now yuh back to whey mi ah say. phew is like pulling teeth.
                      Your confusion continues but at least you have calmed down for the moment.

We do need the low tech support jobs of which you are so passionate about...I have repeatedly acknowledged that fact.

My focus is on the necessary knowledge base & focus on value creation through developing products & services ...not mere jobs....others can focus on jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X