RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the holocaust a greater tragedy than slavery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the holocaust a greater tragedy than slavery?

if so, why? and if not, why not?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

RE: is the holocaust a greater tragedy than slavery?

LOL....this thread is a red herring in waiting if I ever saw one. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

What holocaust?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess you saw the news on Fox 5! I laughed when the news reader said it.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (12/13/2006)I guess you saw the news on Fox 5! I laughed when the news reader said it.
          Wha-what what? Clearly I am all up in Gamma's kool aid and don't know the flavor. What were they saying on fox 5? - T.K.

Comment

The lunatic that is Iran's president ordered a study to see if the holocaust was a hoax. Wasn't paying much attention to the story, but I clearly heard the news reader said something aboutthe holocaust being the greatest tragedy ever. I laughed as apparently he had a spiked egg nog before going on the air.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (12/13/2006)The lunatic that is Iran's president ordered a study to see if the holocaust was a hoax. Wasn't paying much attention to the story, but I clearly heard the news reader said something aboutthe holocaust being the greatest tragedy ever. I laughed as apparently he had a spiked egg nog before going on the air.
              LOL.....well I guess tragedy is in the eye of the beholder. Mek dem gwan. - T.K.

Comment

<DIV>
                Lazie (12/13/2006)The lunatic that is Iran's president ordered a study to see if the holocaust was a hoax. Wasn't paying much attention to the story, but I clearly heard the news reader said something aboutthe holocaust being the greatest tragedy ever. I laughed as apparently he had a spiked egg nog before going on the air.
                </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But we allow them to even think of such crap, much less say it, when we allow Jews to strike the living fear of Jesus into us if we dare say anything critical about the holocaust. Hell, it's even a crime in many countries to state denial of the holocaust! Meanwhile, people can say just about anything about slavery, and they have, including that nonsense that blacks were as much to blame for it as whites were. CRAP!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the holocaust is totally different from the slave trade and slavery... the holocaust is not exclusive to the killing of jews, as the jewish faction has investedimmeaurable resources trying to convince the world to believe... christians, poles, africans and many other groups of people deemed 'undesirable' by the german leaders were persecuted and killed...

the trans-atlantic african slave trade and slavery is the violent capture, involuntarymass migration and involuntary servitude, humiliation, sub-human treatment and dehumanizaton of an entire race of people over 400 years by not just one country and nationality -(germany, in the case of the holocaust) but by another race of people (european caucasion)... nothing compares to that atrocity... the scars and legacy of those conditions still affects the african race today...

the holocaust was tragic but pales in comparison to the slavery... cant even find a word to justly describe slavery...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Many estimates haveover 5 million non-jews were killed in the Holocast, nearly half of all the people killed. They have largely been forgotten. I don't know if the Jews are the ones to be blamed for that though. They have decided that thier dead will not be forgotten, everyone else should too.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well said!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ha ha ha....Red Herring indeed - my only take is that both were grave atrocities against not just the targetted people but to mankind on a whole and should be viewed as equally horrific.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>
                          Islandman (12/13/2006)Many estimates haveover 5 million non-jews were killed in the Holocast, nearly half of all the people killed. They have largely been forgotten. I don't know if the Jews are the ones to be blamed for that though. They have decided that thier dead will not be forgotten, everyone else should too.
                          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I don't see it that way at all.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If the Jews say that denial of the holocaust is tantamount to the highest form of anti-semitism, then I feel that omission of the other victims, numerous as they are, is the same as denial.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Mek dem move and gwey!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I take your point. I have to admit that I had no idea how many non-Jews died until fairly recently. It is largely publicised as an exclusively Jewish tragedy.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                            X