So how come...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how come...?

One thing that was brought up in a Gleaner column over the weekend (see: http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...us/focus3.html ) is the odd situation of whereby Solicitor-General reportedly "made it clear that the government of Jamaica saw no need at that stage to engage their [Manatt's] services" (Samuda's own words) in December 2009, yet Manatt made out a contract with Brady in October 2009 describing him as a consultant to the GOJ and acting with the authorization of the GOJ and filed documents with the Department of Justice (DOJ) in November 2009 under the FARA Act claiming to be acting on behalf of the GOJ through Brady and then long after that December meeting they filed another document with the DOJ in March 2010 notifying the DOJ of their termination of the contract and still claiming it was with the GOJ.

So how come if the Solicitor-General reportedly "made it clear that the GOJ saw no need at that stage" in December 2009 to engage the services of Manatt, we still have Manatt officials up to mid-April claiming the contract was with the GOJ and the apparent error wasn't corrected or at least investigated by Manatt and the GOJ in December? Why was there no confusion between the Solicitor-General and the Manatt representative that accompanied him to the December meeting? (which AmLawDaily says was Susan Schmidt according its sources - presumably the same Susan Schmidt who seems to have filled out most of the Manatt documents sent to the DOJ under the FARA Act; see: http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawd...ca-manatt.html )

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
    One thing that was brought up in a Gleaner column over the weekend (see: http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...us/focus3.html ) is the odd situation of whereby Solicitor-General reportedly "made it clear that the government of Jamaica saw no need at that stage to engage their [Manatt's] services" (Samuda's own words) in December 2009, yet Manatt made out a contract with Brady in October 2009 describing him as a consultant to the GOJ and acting with the authorization of the GOJ and filed documents with the Department of Justice (DOJ) in November 2009 under the FARA Act claiming to be acting on behalf of the GOJ through Brady and then long after that December meeting they filed another document with the DOJ in March 2010 notifying the DOJ of their termination of the contract and still claiming it was with the GOJ.

So how come if the Solicitor-General reportedly "made it clear that the GOJ saw no need at that stage" in December 2009 to engage the services of Manatt, we still have Manatt officials up to mid-April claiming the contract was with the GOJ and the apparent error wasn't corrected or at least investigated by Manatt and the GOJ in December? Why was there no confusion between the Solicitor-General and the Manatt representative that accompanied him to the December meeting? (which AmLawDaily says was Susan Schmidt according its sources - presumably the same Susan Schmidt who seems to have filled out most of the Manatt documents sent to the DOJ under the FARA Act; see: http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawd...ca-manatt.html )
    because Golding, Samuda, Vaz, Robinson, Leys, Lightbourne et al..... a liad

simple
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      because Golding, Samuda, Vaz, Robinson, Leys, Lightbourne et al..... a liad

simple
      You have the letterhead to prove it sah?

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
        You have the letterhead to prove it sah?
        Shucks!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

dis liad ting seems to be the common thread wid dem.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Oh yeah. All 60 of them in parliament must be habitually liars by now. So used to lying that they don't know when the lies don't add up anymore. So Portia tell us to "ask di PNP" and now Samuda basically saying we must look to the JLP.
            Last edited by ReggaeMike; May 3, 2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              tru dat!

Comment

Who is them?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Who is them?
                  I think he was talking about parliamentarians in general.

Comment

I got a different impression and that is why I asked. I think you misread his intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      I got a different impression and that is why I asked. I think you misread his intention.
                      Maybe, but since Mosiah was responding to Don1's statement about "Golding, Samuda, Vaz, Robinson, Leys, Lightbourne" they are all politicians/parliamentarians it seemed like that was what he was talking about. Maybe he was being more partial though?

Comment

Yuh nuh see di whole a dem green? Is what wrang wid yuh, ReggaeMike? And this, coming so soon after Maudib's blatant lie regarding what I said that very mawnin...aah bwoy!

And yes, I fully know dat di res a dem lie tuh! But dese days, one side have many more reasons to lie dan di odda!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Is lie dem Lie !!.."

lol ! Gwaan comrade !

Comment

Hahahahah,

That was my interpretation too! I THOUGHT that is what you meant.

Comment

Leys is not a politician/parliamentarian.

Comment

Working...
                              X