RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Observer to Drivah: Yuh wrang, Time fi Step!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer to Drivah: Yuh wrang, Time fi Step!

Time to ship out, Prime Minister?

Friday, May 14, 2010

How convenient it would be if we could just brush aside the unpleasant things in life and keep moving right along!

There'd be no need for any of the systems that are in place to deal with criminality and other social ills.

Whenever things went wrong we could just make a lot of noise and then, in keeping with the culture of the nine-day wonder, get back to work.

Such a modus operandi may have its place within the context of minor private squabbles on the playground, but it is simply unworkable in the bigger scheme of governance.

When it comes to the matter of drug- and gun-running, which is almost always accompanied by rape, murder and the mayhem associated with organised crime, a lot more is required by way of resolution.

We know our prime minister knows this, despite the unbelievably brazen line being carried by his spin doctors.

That is why we can't understand how he could think his confession to Parliament concerning his hand in the hiring of a pricey US law firm to represent the interests of his friend, Mr Christopher 'Dudus' Coke, could be seen as anything less than a precursor to his resignation.

He, more than anyone else, knows that what he did on behalf of Mr Coke, who is wanted by the US authorities to answer charges of gun- and drug-running, was just wrong, regardless of the capacity in which he says he did it.

Recall the basis on which he called for the resignation of Mr Colin Campbell, the former information minister of the now Opposition People's National Party (PNP) in the wake of the 2006 Trafigura scandal.

If ever there was a case of what we Jamaicans call 'cock mout kill cock' this would have to be it.

For when Mr Campbell tried to exculpate himself from the dilemma by making the distinction between his role as information minister and party animal, Mr Golding -- quite rightly -- shot him down.

By analogy with the principles of company law, he pierced the political veil, so to speak, arguing that such a distinction was ineffectual in cases where it was being employed as a mere façade to conceal the truth of the situation.

Even if we were, for argument's sake, to take the prime minister at his word, we would still have to ask why he, on behalf of the Jamaica Labour Party, got involved in a treaty matter between governments.

We would still have to trace the source of money that was paid over to the US law firm.

And we would still have to ask about the tightness of the relationship between Mr Coke and Mr Golding, because even though accuseds are presumed innocent until proven guilty, at the end of the day it still comes down to credibility.

Then there's the question -- which won't go away unanswered -- of where we go from here.

If the answer is nowhere, as seems to have been indicated by Mr Golding in yesterday's edition of our sister title, the Observer West, it would appear that he has no intention of shaping up as far as addressing the country's outrageous crime crisis is concerned.

And if that really is the case, it's definitely time for him to take his alter ego and ship out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must commend the Newsletter for being consistently on the money regarding this Dudus issue.

Not that it's a hard call... the utter disgrace of the PM & the GOJ & the JLP on the matter is as plain as day...except to tribalists and stupid people... wussa wid di stupid tribalist subset. LoL!
    Last edited by Don1; May 14, 2010, 08:46 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

i am curious to know....what exactly should happen:

1. bruce resign as PM and one of the deputies take over (SHAW?); or,
    2. call an election
    3. please list a 3rd or even 4th alternative

i presume that if either of the 2 i mentioned above occurs then dudus would be handed over to the US.

but which course of action would best for jamaica.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

1. bruce goes.

2. if the next prime minister wants to embrace criminality, thuggery and garrisons, then call an election.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess I just cannot imagine putting the PNP in thier current state back in power right now. So i would have to go with #1 at least for now.

But I suspect that handing over Dudus to the US, if it happens, is merely the end of the begining and not the beginning of the end of this.

I guess we should have known that our actions we would eventually get to this: one politically connected gangster having the potential to bring down the whole government with him.

Seaga must have seen this day this coming when he told Commissioner McMillan to go for him in the 90s, after he lost control of Tivoli to him.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          I guess I just cannot imagine putting the PNP in thier current state back in power right now. So i would have to go with #1 at least for now.

But I suspect that handing over Dudus to the US, if it happens, is merely the end of the begining and not the beginning of the end of this.

I guess we should have known that our actions we would eventually get to this: one politically connected gangster having the potential to bring down the whole government with him.

Seaga must have seen this day this coming when he told Commissioner McMillan to go for him in the 90s, after he lost control of Tivoli to him.
          The PNP has done nothing to suggest that they deserve power.... just being there waiting for the JLP to flop doesn't cut it

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            The PNP has done nothing to suggest that they deserve power.... just being there waiting for the JLP to flop doesn't cut it
            Which constituency Christie live in?

Christie for PM I say. With Ras Astor as his Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
              Which constituency Christie live in?

Christie for PM I say. With Ras Astor as his Minister of Foreign Affairs.
              Mosiah as Minister of Toerism

Comment

LOL!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  LOL!!!!
                  Lazie fi Postmaster General.... an Maudib fi chair di Coffee Industry Board

ok..mek mi tap now

Comment

hey, if anyting manage fi mek it outta dat cabinet...it ironclad!!!

Comment

That is so good!

Wait - a me yuh mek fun a?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Amen! Amen!

As I said yesterday, we need the friendlies and the World Cup to come fast so that we can be distracted from this mind boggling shame that the entire political system has borne to us.

But, but, but, how sad it is that the party that was in the wilderness for almost two decades, and which should have been purified by having seen all the ills of the PNP, and which promised to turn a new leaf and give us responsible, responsive, honorable government, now turns out, beyond the shadow of a doubt, to be blatantly insulting the people!

And how sad it is, that the party that so corrupted institutions and ways of life for two decades, and which is ill-prepared to govern, having not expressed contrition for its iniquity, and having not purged itself of the ever repeating corrupt leaders, may now return to power by default due to the implosion of those who promised to defeat evil but who are really owned by evil!
                        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

As long as Nanny P is there you guys cannot see the PNP as a viable entity but I can understand. Per chance, have you seen the documentary 500 hundred years later? I would love to hear your views on it (your too Don).

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            That is so good!

Wait - a me yuh mek fun a?
                            Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              hey, if anyting manage fi mek it outta dat cabinet...it ironclad!!!
                              yuh seeit

Comment

Working...
                              X