X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ackee warning

Ackee Warning
    (here we go again with this crap)

THE Bureau of Standards Jamaica yesterday warned members of the public, particularly retailers and hoteliers, to be on the alert when purchasing ackees in brine.

The advisory was issued in wake of an inspection of Santa Cruz Processors in Brae's River, St Elizabeth, which found that the establishment -- an ackee processor -- was operating in contravention of the Processed Food Act.

"The company is therefore not authorised to process canned ackees in brine for distribution or sale, and its products are unsafe for consumption and should not be traded," the bureau said in a press release yesterday.
    The bureau said that following the inspection a 'Notice of Detention' was issued for seizure of the canned ackees in stock, but alleged that they were unlawfully removed from the establishment.

"These products are not coded or tested, and the Bureau of Standards Jamaica cannot guarantee their wholesomeness," the release said.
    The Bureau of Standards, an agency of the Ministry of Industry, Investment & Commerce, is charged with protecting consumers through standardisation, measurements and regulations.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

And mi just eat some delicious ackee & codfish recently. $10 fi a likkle breakfast plate.....
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      And mi just eat some delicious ackee & codfish recently. $10 fi a likkle breakfast plate.....
      $10 US. Yuh need to plant some trees.

Guess, I'll have to get a tkt. to Florida, to reap my crop.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

"These products are not coded or tested..."

I sometimes wonder if the Jamaica Bureau of Standards is just another poorly run institution.

How can a company manufacture products that have: no Lot #. No form of tracability. No quality testing?

And I read (recently) where a Jamaican delegation is heading to China..to sell stuff.
        ~~~SIGH~~
        Last edited by HL; May 14, 2010, 03:02 PM.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The problem is the notice of detention....in JA you can't give no notice...just go in and sieze everything...

Comment

how recently?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I ordered a large breakfast last week, and it also included boil bananas and yam. More time I am out of the range of Jamaican restaurants and mi nuh mind spending a few extra dollars every now & then.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X