HL and Iman,; I have a book for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL and Iman,; I have a book for you

guys. It's called The Tragedy of great power Politics by John Mearheimer. A very nice read; it's a blend of history, military history and political science. I would tend to disagree with his bias toward ground troops and dispelling the effectiveness of the airforce and navy (the iraq war would counter his arguments as Saddam's elite republican guard was pummeld into the ground) other than that some beautiful incites in history and political science (with Britain as an empire) it evens sheds some light on where a small nation as Ja stands in the scheme of tings. I wont give away the plot of the book but I will say the focus is on hegmonies.

A very nice read. I will put it next to the Grand chessboard.

Nice to know King Jawge.

Will add it to the list.

ThankX
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

did you ever even see a copy of 'the mismeasure of man' by stephen jay gould?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bwoy my reading list get so long I don't think I can add anything to my list for now.

I am going to have to go with audiobooks whenever possible, them more expensive but its the best use of my daily commuting time.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Bwoy my reading list get so long I don't think I can add anything to my list for now.

I am going to have to go with audiobooks whenever possible, them more expensive but its the best use of my daily commuting time.

Have the Princess sit on your lap and read to U
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

him would lucky fi get 2 sentences......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Approx. 50 (or so) years ago when you introduced this book to me, I looked it up.

I think it's interesting reading for folks who need to verify that they are just as equal and intelligent as the 'so-called' ruling class....

I almost never find these types of books 'must read'...though the facts they bring to light are compelling.

I prefer biographies, motivational and self-help type books. (Have not read a fiction in yyyyears!).

The book King Jawge recommended would not be high on my must read list either. I will be checking it out though.

Currently reading a book callled 99 Drams of Whiskey. (Got it as a gift last Christmas). Would not (normally ) buy this book either.

It is about the authors' journey (with a friend) to find the perfect whiskey. It covers the history, the distillation process, marketing, tasting and so on about the drink.

I am finding it quite interesting since I love the (occasional) single malts.
              (cheers!)
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

well if THAT is what you got from reading someone's synopsis then you are right...reading is overrated because it goes WAYYYY beyond that.

heheheheheh "self help and motivational books" ...... the irony of all of that is not lost on me in the least,what yuh don't think yuh just as good or motivated as the next guy?!!! ef i laugh i pop!!!!

hmmm seem to spend a good deal of time reading books you would not normally read too, what gives? .....any way as you british type tend to say ..... cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  him would lucky fi get 2 sentences......
                  my sentiments exactly
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

" I would tend to disagree with his bias toward ground troops" What is your take on this?

Comment

point is: whilst it's readily apparent for the need of ground forces to hold or maintain the spoils of a military victory, one cannot dismiss the importance of the airforce and navy in modern warfare (see my reference to the Iraq war).

Comment

Heh heh.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

the original "kindle"

Comment

Working...
                          X