RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driva yuh seh yuh response..den yuh nuh fi resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driva yuh seh yuh response..den yuh nuh fi resign?

Messy Manatt maze

Published: Thursday | May 20, 2010 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

On May 17, Prime Minister Bruce Golding insisted that he spoke truthfully on March 16, in response to questions relating to the engagement of the law firm Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, when he stated "the Government of Jamaica has not engaged any legal firm, any consultant, any entity whatsoever in relation to any extradition matter other than deploying the resources that are available within the Attorney-General's Department." However, that statement was not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Golding cannot maintain that he spoke truthfully while saying he should have said more of the truth.

In addition, to prove that there is no contract between the Government of Jamaica and the Manatt firm, the prime minister needs to show a letter from him to the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) and from the JLP to Manatt and from Manatt to the JLP. We also need to see the emails between the solicitor general and Manatt because that also could provide evidence whether the prime minister's March 16 statement is true.

Additionally, it was not only the resources of the attorney general's office that were used. Manatt was also deployed. Once a Manatt lawyer was at a bilateral meeting, the lawyer must be counsel and in the employ of the Government of Jamaica.

One day after the PM's national broadcast, Manatt general counsel Monte Lemann II said the firm "did not represent Mr Coke nor were we retained to deal with the Coke matter. In our contract signed by Mr Brady, he acknowledges that he was authorised to contract with Manatt on behalf of the Jamaican government. We facilitated meetings between representatives of the US and Jamaican governments in their official capacities; and we had formal communications with Jamaican government representatives related to our representation." Am Law Daily, leading source of news for lawyers in the United States (Tuesday May 18). If this statement is true, how comes the JLP was paying for these legal services? This new revelation means that Golding is still not going for broke.

Self-incriminating evidence

For two months, I had not commented on the Manatt affair because I could not understand this messy Manatt maze, but the PM's wife has helped me. Mrs Golding is reported to have said that everything cannot be stated and we must read between the lines. This statement would mean that if Golding were to tell the whole truth, it could be self-incriminating evidence and that is not fair to him. It is, therefore, in everybody's best interest that he resigns and sort out his grievous, damaging errors to himself, the JLP, the Government and Jamaicans.

Mr PM, when you were in Opposition you were the only politician who wrote to me, congratulating me on my daughter's academic success. I still treasure that letter. You might recall that after you were elected as JLP leader and about to enter the West Kingston constituency, I suggested respectfully and diplomatically that you should not accept that seat. I think my advice was correct. From October 16, 2009 I wrote "Let 'Dudus' have his day in Court." If you had followed my advice seven months ago then the country would have been better off. On April 8, in an article 'Golding vs Golding' I said do not take the declaration matter to court. My advice was again correct. Therefore, based on my track record in giving you good advice, I suggest you ask Dr Ken Baugh to be the prime minister and allow him to appoint an independent commission to investigate the Manatt scandal, allowing the police to investigate for fraud, obstruction of justice, money laundering etc.

Colin Campbell resigned over Trafigura, and P.J. Patterson resigned because of the Shell waiver scandal. This is a model to follow.

Golding's apology is good but it's only a start. If someone has raped then he ought to apologise but it does not absolve him of charges being laid. In the Bible it states that when a Christian has committed grievous sin he/she should be cut from the fellowship. (Matthew 18: 17 & 1 Corinthians 5: 4-5)

Based on Golding's presentation, he holds only himself responsible. Therefore, no one will resign, no one fired and no one will face criminal charges. That is a totally unacceptable response to this messy Manatt maze.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Suh what's the source?

That is the path I think MUST be taken. All the relevant material unearthed and those who have "questions to answer" hauled before the courts.

..at this time I am seeing - Golding, the AG, Leys, Vaz, Samuda, the young Minister who claimed his meeting was a "casual social affair", all other JLP and GOJ employees who communicated with the law firm and all others who took part in communications with any of the parties previously mentioned, including members of the law firm.

Certainly Harold Brady, for one, based on Golding's statements that he had no authority to present himself as representing the GOJ, have matters on which he must defend his actions.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Suh what's the source?

That is the path I think MUST be taken. All the relevant material unearthed and those who have "questions to answer" hauled before the courts.

..at this time I am seeing - Golding, the AG, Leys, Vaz, Samuda, the young Minister who claimed his meeting was a "casual social affair", all other JLP and GOJ employees who communicated with the law firm and all others who took part in communications with any of the parties previously mentioned, including members of the law firm.

Certainly Harold Brady, for one, based on Golding's statements that he had no authority to present himself as representing the GOJ, have matters on which he must defend his actions.
      This thing will only unravel if Manatt/Brady are indicted in the US for fraudulent misrepresentation or obstruction of justice...otherwise the secrets will be kept and Golding will cling to power

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I think it could unravel in other ways.

The pressure is on a lot of people right now, you just need one or two to break and the sh!t hits the fan.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

i would be very surprised if MPP isn't called before the usa investigative bodies responsible for such matters... the general counsel for MPP is fully awareof that possibility, hence his insistence that the meeting were between govt officials of both countries and it was not specifically about coke but treaty issues...

this is america, things just do not end with question mark unless it is not in america's interest... i think bruce is in deep doodoo and that is perhaps a reason why he was advised to carry on... at least, he can be sheltered by the diplomat status until this matter is settled... look for an accelerated hand over of dudus, if he is taken alive...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            I think it could unravel in other ways.

The pressure is on a lot of people right now, you just need one or two to break and the sh!t hits the fan.
            well if the guilty parties resign under pressure it will unravel...but we won't necessarily get to the truth

Comment

Who wrote this? Source please!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

rawtid, a nuff work me ago affi do yunnuh. mi ago affi help Bruce pack up him caroutches and den now help portia put up di drape dem. bway, this ago be too much fi me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  rawtid, a nuff work me ago affi do yunnuh. mi ago affi help Bruce pack up him caroutches and den now help portia put up di drape dem. bway, this ago be too much fi me.

Employment
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

the source is the gleaner, commentary section... written by pastor devon dick...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This thing will only unravel if Manatt/Brady are indicted in the US for fraudulent misrepresentation or obstruction of justice...

...or...

...the Jamaica authorities - Jamaica Parliament and Justice system - act
                        ...or any other person or legal entity will be able to claim to represent the GOJ and initiate GOJ to foreign Government, other types of negotiations and God knows what else

...and any other PM or MP will blatantly and openly work along with criminals...including gun criminals to the detriment of the citizens...

...as otherwise the secrets will be kept, Golding will cling to power and the other corrupt ones coming down the road/following on Golding's example, also 'spit in the faces of the citizens'.

No Don 1, Golding for our good...Jamaica's good cannot remain. He has to go!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Who wrote this? Source please!
                          http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure2.html

Comment

Working...
                          X