• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtle call for Golding's indictment?

Let the other party deal with Dudus
    Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Editor,
    I wish to express my deep sorrow and shame at what Prime Minister Golding has done. I have two children and once when one was 11, she got herself in trouble because she failed to tell the truth when she had the opportunity to do so. She was found out in front of other people and I was hurt, angry, upset and ashamed, but most of all I felt betrayed.

Again, I feel betrayed. My daughter was a minor and lied because she did something she had been warned repeatedly not to do, but Bruce Golding is in his 60s. My daughter was afraid she would have got a beating, but I guess Bruce's fears are of greater magnitude. Bruce can't do what an 11-year-old does and expect the same level of leniency. To this day, my daughter won't lie, but she had the aptitude for reformation. Bruce doesn't.
    I understand (not condone) the loyalty (or fear) which has pushed Mr Golding to forget that he is not just prime minister to Labourites, but the entire country and the diaspora. Whatever motivated Mr Golding to bring this on the country has got to be more than dissembling.

For a country which warehouses what is perhaps the largest amount of machismo and male egotism, Mr Golding has to have a strong as yet unrevealed reason to allow himself to be so publicly humiliated by Dudus to risk his political life and history by his role in this sordid affair.

Mr Golding, you need to address your fear. The country is on the brink of civil war.

Jamaica has some of the most brilliant minds in the world. Use that JC and UWI education and do the right thing. Dissolve Parliament and let the other party deal with Dudus. That way you can save face and give yourself time to put a legal team in place to deal with your future indictment.
    Marie Anderson

neeliewun@yahoo.com

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...-Dudus_7623225
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

it it turns out that this gets rid of the garrisons as we know them...would thst be a feather in bruce's cap?

i can foresee no easy or subtle way to get rid of the garrisons.

bruce trying to make his mark and take his olace in history, if he succeeds manatt will end up as a mere footnate in history.....if he fails....his legacy as the worst of the worst is secure.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agree. Was thinking along the same lines.

I just don't know if he has the will and/or party support to go through with it.

The easy thing to do is to say "Dudus is in custody and order has been restored".
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        it it turns out that this gets rid of the garrisons as we know them...would thst be a feather in bruce's cap?

i can foresee no easy or subtle way to get rid of the garrisons.

bruce trying to make his mark and take his olace in history, if he succeeds manatt will end up as a mere footnate in history.....if he fails....his legacy as the worst of the worst is secure.
        How?

I can't see how this could possibly be portrayed as Bruce actually getting rid of the garrisons. Sure in the future he might all claim it was some grand plan to delay the extradition to buy him time to build up the military and police to take on the police, but the facts would show that to be another lie:

1. What kind of funding support and equipment and training support have the JDF and JCF been getting during the 9-month stand-off with the USA? Were those 2 crashed JDF helicopters replaced? Were the police given new equipment and powers and increased funding?

2. That gunmen/rebels/thugs/gangsters/insurrectionists/insurgents/whateverthehellyouwanttocallthem could simultaneously attack 4 police stations and in the process loot one and partially raze it while one police car had to be abandoned to the criminals after attempting to rescue some stranded people doesn't show any kind of preparation by the JCF at least not any kind of preparation for which Bruce can receive favourable credit.

3. Having gunmen/rebels/butus/gangsters/whatever could be allowed to barricade streets for days and according to one report in the star I think be allowed to marshal a march of white-shirted demonstrated (I've heard that armed thugs watched over that march) also shows very little in the way of preparation.

If anything this might be portrayed as Bruce attempting to defend garrisons by his actions over a 9 month period and then having his hand forced when the garrisons rebelled.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
          How?

I can't see how this could possibly be portrayed as Bruce actually getting rid of the garrisons. Sure in the future he might all claim it was some grand plan to delay the extradition to buy him time to build up the military and police to take on the police, but the facts would show that to be another lie:

1. What kind of funding support and equipment and training support have the JDF and JCF been getting during the 9-month stand-off with the USA? Were those 2 crashed JDF helicopters replaced? Were the police given new equipment and powers and increased funding?

2. That gunmen/rebels/thugs/gangsters/insurrectionists/insurgents/whateverthehellyouwanttocallthem could simultaneously attack 4 police stations and in the process loot one and partially raze it while one police car had to be abandoned to the criminals after attempting to rescue some stranded people doesn't show any kind of preparation by the JCF at least not any kind of preparation for which Bruce can receive favourable credit.

3. Having gunmen/rebels/butus/gangsters/whatever could be allowed to barricade streets for days and according to one report in the star I think be allowed to marshal a march of white-shirted demonstrated (I've heard that armed thugs watched over that march) also shows very little in the way of preparation.

If anything this might be portrayed as Bruce attempting to defend garrisons by his actions over a 9 month period and then having his hand forced when the garrisons rebelled.
          on the money king.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

In the conext of Jamaican politics and accountability, I do not think all those details would matter if he was to find some tangible way to begin the process of changing the way the garrisons operate.

But i doubt he can.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And when dem go in wit guns blazing yuh hear seh "dutty police dem a murderer"...you all are a funny set a people enuh

Comment

leave that to me and the JFJ.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X