Was listening to the BBC on my way in to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was listening to the BBC on my way in to

work this morning. They were doing a special piece on the Jamaican situation.

A BBC reporter was in downtown Kingston trying to ask people about Dudus, not a soul would say anything. LOL! Had to go back uptown.

All in all the parts I heard sounded pretty accurate and had a lot of sound bites from local people explaining why he had support. It reminded me again how different the BBC is when compared to the US media houses, most of the time.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

BBC is way different. Way better too! Not to say they're perfect, but neither are our media houses.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Its way different, but I dont know if it is way different in spreading negative information about people, countries, or communities of colour around the world. In fact they might be worse. Been at it for centuries.

Comment

They all tend to report mostly negative news. Thats what news reporters do including the ones in Jamaica.

But at least the BBC news bears some similarity to the truth on the ground most of the time. At least it seems that way to me for the stories that I know more about than the average person.

With the American news channels, it is rare to hear a news story that isn't filled with exaggerations and absolute falsehoods. The exception would probably be NPR.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

bbc is more slick...it is the british way. remember, the british perfected the art of smiling in your face while stabbing you in the the back..they call it diplomacy!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Seems we were both listening to the same thing...yes, I get better reports from BBC than say CNN on the Jamaica TG story BUT I remember back in the 80's when I read Time Magazine and listen to CNN I wondered if they were talking about the same Jamaica I was living in. Also, in the 1990 attempted coup in Trinidad by the Abu Bakr led muslimeen - the live CNN broadcast was painting a very different picture than what was on the ground. Goes to show - take ALL news reports with a pinch of salt...or a bucket....there are sm good 'independent' sites too...

Comment

That is true. And the art of pitting one group of thier colonial subjects against the other.

Comment

you've hit the nail on the head... the british is more slick... they will gain your trust with truth and follow up with subtle ambiguities, leaving the uninformed to formulate an oftentimes negative viewpoint... bbc is more deceptive...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

BBC is like NPR in that it is public (..ly owned in GB) and probably more likely to give an independent opinion rather than privately owned media houses with their own agenda...
                  Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    BBC is like NPR in that it is public (..ly owned in GB) and probably more likely to give an independent opinion rather than privately owned media houses with their own agenda...
                    The British government has an agenda
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Everyone does... what is their's (British Govt) in JA?
                      Peter R

Comment

which one a dem don't have agenda?

A Disney own ABC and Orlando vs Jamaica
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

we posted same time Peter
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                            Everyone does... what is their's (British Govt) in JA?
                            their agenda is to advance whatever in their view is in the interest of the British

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              which one a dem don't have agenda?

A Disney own ABC and Orlando vs Jamaica
                              see above re agenda

don't understand Orlando vs Jamaica

Comment

Working...
                              X