• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tek bad ting mek joke

Tek bad ting mek joke'
    James Moss-Solomon

Sunday, June 27, 2010

THE Jamaican saying came to life with the events of last week. The picture of Christopher Coke disguised in a wig, in many ways portrayed a man who feared for his life, and was not prepared to exit this world by way of a "gunfight at the OK corral". This was not a picture of the two-gun Kid, or even a Clint Eastwood character.
    His appearance at court, and subsequent departure with US Marshals was not that of the bad man arrested by Wyatt Earp. In fact, he looked subdued, and spoke without the bravado of the "gold-teeth don gorgon".
    Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke in the wig he was wearing when he was captured by police last Tuesday.
    1/1
    His statement was simple, and spoke to the underlying intelligence of this most wanted man. I watched as his plane taxied down the runway behind a larger jet, and two helicopters hovered, and intermittently circled the runway. Then in an instant he was gone, perhaps never to return.
    Already the jokes had started doing the rounds on the Internet. One source suggested that the wig belonged to a well-known vociferous labour leader. Another had superimposed the image of Reverend Al Miller on the advertisement for the popular movie, The Transporter. I am sure that our cartoonists will have a field day, as the circumstances are certainly conducive to humour, and caricature.
    Putting all jokes aside, and holding no brief for either man, I wish to make a few observations. Referring to Rev Miller, I do not believe that many Jamaicans hold to a view that he is a criminal. Many of us agree that there are questions to be answered, and that those will come out of ongoing investigations or in court. Many, however, are grateful that the extradition process was shortened, uneventful, and prevented possible further loss of life. I also hope for a speedy resolution to this matter regarding the legality of his actions.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...k-joke_7747064
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I therefore turn it over to you constitutional experts for some advice on our correctional programming.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Democratic dictatorship a revolving seat of sh*t , thats what I call our Parlimentarian system or MPs , I am glad I am not the only one that sees it as a constituitional crisis that needs remedy.

The garbage terminology does not point at every politician, but is applicable to those who promote corruption. The system seems to restrict the ability of the good to be able to expel the bad. As the apples spoil, the whole barrel smells bad. Simple logic therefore demands that we examine the system before putting any new apples in the barrel. I therefore turn it over to you constitutional experts for some advice on our correctional programming.

Comment

How dem a guh deal wid skeng ? Dat a guh mek Duss look like a joke thing , it is said politics nuh in a im bizniz im deal wid any colour money .

Comment

Working...
        X