I'm so relieved Jamaica is on equal footing with others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so relieved Jamaica is on equal footing with others

Less than a decade ago, as the queen visited Kings House for dinner, there was a blackout and dinner guests were treated to intimate lamp light at their tables. Folks like me opined here, with Karl making references to the possibility that Anansi could creep from one of the dusty lamps, that Jamaica should be embarassed for not even having back up power at Kings House.

Last evening, during the queen's visit in Toronto, there was a power failure, allegedly due to the extremely high consumer demand related to very high temperatures. On hearing this, I was relieved. I now know that Canada did not want to be upstaged by Jamaica and feels that it is quite capable of providing lamp light and unveiling Anansi for the queen.

What say ye Karl?
    Last edited by Westman; July 6, 2010, 09:44 AM.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Yuh seit, tuh!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

dem lucky dem did have "home sweet home" lamps!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem mussi send two police go a the departure lounge fi get all a dem a bring back fi Liz.
        Last edited by Westman; July 6, 2010, 12:56 PM.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

All said; i have a feelin' the back-up generators kicked in within a few seconds of the outage (in canada).

Also, the outage was caused by high demand.

What caused the outage in Jamaica?
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

High demand.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is when you leaving....?
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Friday.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X