These people are certainly a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These people are certainly a

different breed. Imagine, the Jamaican dollar is regaining value, yet a member of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition was on his radio program cussing about the impact it is having on exporters.

Yet there are idiots impatiently waiting to return these people into office? Unuh is a different breed.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

But mi nuh unnastan yuh.. is juss now yuh realize seh di comrades support dollar devaluation ??

Yuh tink is accident the dollar move from 5:1 to 80:1 under dem administration ?

Dat nuh muss on purpose ?

Comment

Lazie, the purpose of an opposition is to present an opposing argument, once it is a well thought out one, and suggest alternatives if there are any. That is why they are called the "Opposition".

Do you think the lawyers for the defense in a court case are all idiots? Do you think they always believe what they are saying? Of course not , thats not thier job.

Then it is up to the public (or jury) to listen and make a judgement call. Suppose Phillips didn't follow up on Bruce and his partners in crime and try to get to the bottom of the Dudus story?

I do not see why is that so hard to understand? Or you just being a tribalist?

There IS an argument to be made for too much, or too fast, revaluation of the dollar. I have always said that what is most important is relative STABILITY in the dollar, so both exporters and importers can do meaningful forecasting for their business.

I don't know what the guy you were listening to was saying and if he was making any sense, but to suggest that the opposition should not comment on the currency movement is a bit silly and petty.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Just last year they were bawling about the dollar falling. It is clearly cheap milege stuff.

The mild fall in the dollar before or the mild appreciation is certainly no cause for alarm. Thus the Opposition is being alarmist here and thus self-serving. No real benefit to Jam here.

We play to much politics in Jamaica.
        Last edited by Willi; July 7, 2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Good point.. after all the opposition are experts on rapid devaluation and its impact on the economy...

lol !!

Never a dull moment.

Comment

Didn't say it was cause for alarm Willi. Clearly the dollar has not revalued too much to warrant that.

The problem I have with Lazie is that he doesn't want the oppositon to question ANYTHING. So what is the purpose of the oppositon then?

Again, what did Lazie say about the Dudus thing when Phillips was following it up? That he was trying to get relevant again. Turns out that was probably the most important contribution made by an opposition member in Jamaica since Seaga and the Spy Robinson revelation in the 70s which exposed what a dangerous man Manley was with power.

The purpose of the opposition is to make well thought out, opposing arguments. Yes there will be politics thrown in but thats how the systems works.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No problem with that, unless they start to contradict temselves in the same time period. This is what they did on this issue.

No Govt is to be trusted fully, so we always need a sharp opposition who concentrate on the salient points.

Comment

Thanks for your usual worthless contribution.

Comment

Huh ?

What Peter Philips asking bout Mannat haffi duh wid di price of rice ?

That was just a distraction from the real issue:

How to Depose a President without a Civil War.

Comment

I going to start haffe ask the moderators fe censor the board to allow only one ludicrous post per thread.

Then again, the forum might die if we enforce that rule.

Gwan post, Chief Ducta. Me haffe go just grin and bear it.

Comment

Yes.. I figured you would not see the irony of an administration that 'ran with it' causing serious devaluation and instability crying wolf on revaluation.

lol !

Comedy to rhatid.

Comment

yes.. and while yuh grinning contemplate a world where yuh nevah hear bout Mannat..

Comment

I do not see why is that so hard to understand? Or you just being a tribalist?
                          Is there any doubt about that??
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The problem with this opposition and too many before them is they are reactionary. They have no alternative plan put forward and just make up the arguments as they go along.

What do they support? Devaluation, Revaluation.
                            Portia came out swinging against the JDX without thinking about the effect.

When devaluation and it result in price increase the same opposition cry how poor people a suffer.

It is all a political game but it would be nice if we could get a well thought out plan by the PNP to have an idea what economic policies they support. At least Audley Shaw was consistent saying going back to the multilaterals, and lower interest rates. They trying to win both sides of the debate.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The PNP does not need a plan, all they need is an unswerving belief (in the face of all evidence to the contrary) that "We always believe we are best for Jamaica, so anything that will cause us to be in power is therefore best for Jamaica"

Plan ?

Yuh joking.

Who have a plan ?

Roger Clarke or Christopher Tufton ?

Comment

Working...
                              X