X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise ship passenger killed in St Thomas, VI

Cruise ship passenger visiting St. Thomas killed during gang shootout

Comments 110 By Gene Sloan, USA TODAY

A 14-year-old cruise ship passenger was killed Monday during a visit to St. Thomas when she reportedly was caught in the middle of a shootout between warring gangs.The Associated Press reports the girl, Lizmarie Perez Chapparro, was struck by a bullet as she rode with her family on a "safari bus" that ferries tourists across the popular island destination.
    The girl and her family arrived in St. Thomas aboard the 2,758-passenger Carnival Victory, which sails out of San Juan. Another cruise ship passenger sustained a minor injury during the shootout, the Associated Press reports.
    Carnival spokeswoman Jennifer De La Cruz called the death an "unfathomable act of senseless violence" and said the line is suspending all excursions that include the St. Thomas neighborhood where the shooting took place until further notice, according to the Associated Press.

A St. Thomas teenager also was killed by the gunfire as he attended the funeral of another man fatally shot on June 29.
    The tourist bus was hit by gunfire as it was traveling to Coki Point Beach, one of the island's most popular beaches.
    Last edited by Hortical; July 13, 2010, 12:26 PM.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

You mean St Thomas USVI...
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      You mean St Thomas USVI...
      I was gonna say!
      Gang shoot outs in St Thomas....cruse ships....since when? lol
      But its the other St Thomas

Comment

phew!
        Peter R

Comment

fi mi reaction to Iyah.

Comment

mi could swear mi did hear the gunshots next door!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

oh, i thought it was jamaica. i was surprised seeing that jamaica is not a violent country(anymore). those damn usvi people are soooo violent.

Comment

Originally posted by MissLondon View Post
                I was gonna say!
                Gang shoot outs in St Thomas....cruse ships....since when? lol
                But its the other St Thomas
                Long time...whenever my ship docked in St Thomas in the night the captain pretty much told you not to get off...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Long time...whenever my ship docked in St Thomas in the night the captain pretty much told you not to get off...
                  St Thomas in Jamaica?

Comment

st croix worse!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

USVI luv....

Comment

Dem all blend up together in my mind...which one is right across from St Thomas? St John? The one with the rainforest? Beautiful island..I been to all a dem but cyaan remember which is which...St Thomas I remember cause that's the big one wit the shopping strip I think...

Comment

yeah st john is the nature reserve one...BEAUTIFUL!!! comfortablest bed mi evva sleep inna was at that Westin....

never been to st croix myself although i can see it from my porch on a clear day.

Comment

Word to the wise...don't mess with the wild donkeys on St John...I learned the hard way

Comment

always looking for a piece of wild a$$ eh....

Comment

Working...
                              X