Back in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in town

Went to my Grandmother's funeral. Bwoy a long time mi nuh go a nine night. It has changed and could easily pass for a concert as they used a live 3 piece band and them drop some music. It was sad but I know my grandmother would want it that way. For all those people who haven't seen nine night in years unnu might have a culture shock.

It was good to see relatives and friends again and while it was not a vacation "mum" pass off inna style with so many youngsters testifying how she influenced their lives. Gone but will not be forgotten. As the youth them say "A mum thing yu kno, so we have fi come". RIP "Mum"
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

welcome forward
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Life goes on...and your "MUM" would not have wanted it to be any other way!
      "Head high", boss!
      The memories you shall have forever!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

welcome iyah. she played the role that the father wrote for her...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did you know the traditional 9-night was celebrated 9 nights after the funeral?

just some trivia for y'all!

Hope you had a good time a yard, despite the occasion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Welcome back Assasin.

Culture shock indeed at nine-night!!!

On a visit about 2 years ago, my friend asked me to
            'drop him down at a dead-yard to deliver some food' he was cooking.

We got to this place.... I asked my friend 'why he want to stop at this road-side dance? He replied that this was where he was going....

Assasin I have never heard a sound system so loud and heavy with bass. It shook my car!! Then the attire of 'specially the young women was something else.

It was night so i stayed in the car with the engine running, while my friend delivered the stuff.

. I must admit i felt out of place. I recall the term 'culture shock' going through my mind.

Nine night appears nothing close to what i remember --when i lived in Jamaica.

Welcome back roots!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

big up sah

Comment

It so sweet even yu bes fren cyaaan wait fi yu fi dead...LOL

Oh welcome back to the forum Zass.
                  Peter R

Comment

no wonder the murder rate so high. LOL
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It was every bit blessed. It was good to go to sea where only you and your crew was there for miles. Great to visit Blue hole and take river bath. It was Mango, Pear, Breadfruit and ackee season so I won't say anymore.

I only miss playing some ball with the youths and help them Windsor Castle FC celebrate the St.Mary division one title. My heart still deh a yard yah now.

Comment

Working...
                      X